The World Is A Beautiful Place... Debut LP

PS: Initial test presses were rejected :/ We've already got a new test press in the mail to us already but expect a slight delay on this (we want it to sound as good as it can!).

Good, this record is too good to accept anything less. I'd rather they're rejected and end up sounding as good as the songs on the split LP than end up sounding like the You Blew It! record.

Absolutely.. Its nice to see some quality control happening.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but this post almost suggests that Topshelf doesn't monitor the quality of their records, and that it's nice to see it finally happening.  Where in truth, that YBI! album is probably the only instance I've heard, where they released a record that sounded lackluster.  I own quite a few Topshelf releases and they all sound fantastic.

Just my 2¢.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but this post almost suggests that Topshelf doesn't monitor the quality of their records, and that it's nice to see it finally happening.  Where in truth, that YBI! album is probably the only instance I've heard, where they released a record that sounded lackluster.  I own quite a few Topshelf releases and they all sound fantastic.

Just my 2¢.

I own almost every topshelf release which is why I pointed out the YBI! record. To me he didn't come off that way though, it just sounded like he was happy it would sound the best it could.

Apologies for reading too far into it, then.  And as I mentioned, I didn't want to sound like an ass or single him out.  Just wanted to clarify that I think YBI! is maybe the only release in their entire catalog that doesn't sound splendid.  They're probably in my top three labels, personally, and - in my opinion - are notorious for churning our quality product at unbeatable prices.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but this post almost suggests that Topshelf doesn't monitor the quality of their records, and that it's nice to see it finally happening. Where in truth, that YBI! album is probably the only instance I've heard, where they released a record that sounded lackluster. I own quite a few Topshelf releases and they all sound fantastic.

Just my 2¢.

Fair enough.. It definately wasn't my intention to suggest that.

I just meant in general i hardly ever hear of labels sending back test presses and to be honest it should probably happen a lot more than it does, not so much topshelf but as i said just in general.

I just meant in general i hardly ever hear of labels sending back test presses and to be honest it should probably happen a lot more than it does, not so much topshelf but as i said just in general.

Definitely.  It's a refreshing business practice.  I'm sure many labels do it, but we probably don't hear about it... and likely just receive "delay" notifications as a result.  But on the other side of the token, I think we've all received records that sound like they were pressed from questionable masters.

There's one other label that seems to publicly announced the rejection of unsatisfactory test presses, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.  Either way.  It's easily preferred over receiving a sub-par sounding album, sooner.

Bummer, there goes my hope of picking a copy of this up from them next month. Ah well. This record is a must own regardless so I'll end up ordering one soon. Wish I hadn't slept through those splatter copies being available.

Word is future pressings of Grow Up, Dude from the next one on will in fact have the proper mastering and sound worlds better than the previous batches. Tanner was telling me a while back that the CD masters were accidentally sent instead of the vinyl masters so that explains a lot. Still nice to have a better quality pressing to look forward to.

EDIT: Beaten to it haha. Nevertheless to back everyone up, Topshelf has by far been my favorite label to deal with for the passed two or three years now. They're just always knocking it out of the park.