The World Is A Beautiful Place... Debut LP

also wondering that.  if so, i need to pick one up.

if topshelf sees this, do you know which/if any online retailers have the rejected pressings?

you could send them an email and ask if it's physical stock.. if it is, it's definitely the rejected press. the regular press is delayed for another week or so. here's the list of stores that have it according to the blog post

• Amazon.com
  • Amoeba (San Francisco)
  • Amoeba (Hollywood)
  • Backside Records
  • CD City
  • Canterbury Records
  • Dearborn Music
  • Dimple
  • Disc and Dat
  • Disc Exchange
  • Eckstrom
  • Exclusive Company
  • Gotham
  • Graywhale
  • Hastings
  • Hot Topic
  • Independent Records & Video
  • Insound
  • Interpunk
  • J&R Electronics
  • Lou’s Records
  • Midnight Starshine
  • Midwest Tape
  • Music Millennium
  • Newbury Comics
  • Painted Smiles
  • Park Ave/Halfman
  • Princeton Record Exchange
  • Red Scroll Records
  • Revhq.com
  • Salzer’s Mercantile
  • Shop Radio Cast
  • Silver Platters
  • Sonic Boom Records
  • Transcontinent Records
  • Vintage Vinyl
  • Zia

trying to buy this from Hot Topic and keep getting some stupid ass internal errors, using both PayPal and entering my CC. Thanks for the 10% code! :)

balls. Apparently the order went through and didn't get to use the discount, good thing I didn't hit Resubmit cause I'd be stuck with two orders.

If only there were a safety net, like shooting over an email or something to cancel your accidental ordered ;)

This is what I don't get...why are retailers getting the "rejected press", wouldn't there only be like 25 of them in existence, since they were rejected? or did they do a whole run on black and then decide to change the songs?

I would guess that rather than have nothing available for the band to tour with/to send to distros they opted to do a /500 press of the black with the incorrect split.  That would take way less time than ordering the new test, verifying it, then finally getting the first press of colored vinyl done.  RFC has done this with a few releases lately as well (granted with way less copies ordered for the Coasta and Vinnie "tour presses").  I'd say by the time they got the first test in and realized it wasn't right they had already sold quite a few copies of this via pre-order and weren't worried about another 500 copies not selling.

Grabbed a reject press black tonight! No matter how many times I see these guys, they always blow my fucking mind. Amazing.

Still game to buy someone's splatter or maybe even the swirl too. Hit me up if you'd be looking to do that.

I have a swirl on order and a t-shirt bundle w/ an unknown variant in it.. if it ends up being swirl, i'm looking to unload

I would guess that rather than have nothing available for the band to tour with/to send to distros they opted to do a /500 press of the black with the incorrect split. That would take way less time than ordering the new test, verifying it, then finally getting the first press of colored vinyl done. RFC has done this with a few releases lately as well (granted with way less copies ordered for the Coasta and Vinnie "tour presses"). I'd say by the time they got the first test in and realized it wasn't right they had already sold quite a few copies of this via pre-order and weren't worried about another 500 copies not selling.

what's different about the coasta tour press than the final press?? I heard they had 75 (right?) for tour but I just thought it was a tour variant.

what's different about the coasta tour press than the final press?? I heard they had 75 (right?) for tour but I just thought it was a tour variant.

The tour press didn't have an actual jacket.  Just a single "fold over" sheet if that makes sense.  I'm sure there's an actual word for what it is, but I can't think of it right now.

The tour press didn't have an actual jacket. Just a single "fold over" sheet if that makes sense. I'm sure there's an actual word for what it is, but I can't think of it right now.

ahh I gotcha. I didn't know if it was similar to twiabp and track listing was different or something like that.

I have a swirl on order and a t-shirt bundle w/ an unknown variant in it.. if it ends up being swirl, i'm looking to unload

Awesome, if you could keep me in mind that'd be great! I'd definitely love to take it off your hands in the event that's the case and I'm not able to track down a splatter.

Hey everyone, I know there have been a lot of questions about the release and the varient that is currently available so I just wanted to chime in to help keep people aware/updated, etc. 

We did make 500 records, they're all on black vinyl, they all have black and white labels, they're from the test press that we rejected but not an extension of, as of right now any retailer selling this album on vinyl has THIS version of the record, and they all include full packaging that includes a printed dust sleeve and lp jacket. The rejected test pressing and the one that we recently approved are both out of 20 and do not have the black and white labels. Oh and these all play great, they're just the...well, you all know by now...the wrong side split.

When we had to reject the first version of the test pressing we decided to make this limited to 500 run so that the band and distros/retailers could have copies around the release date. However, if there had been any audio issues with the tests aside from the side split we never would have made this version. We try to do everything possible to ensure that anything with our logo on it is high quality. I know some people think this is a similar situation to a label just making 100 test pressings prior to having heard them and giving the band 75 or so to sell "early" but at least to us it's not. I don't think there is anything wrong with labels and bands doing that. Vinyl takes a while to make and sometimes you hit delays while bands plan tours, etc and can't just bump all of their shows back a week.

Right now we're being told that the "first pressing", which includes the splatter, swirl, and clear w/ smoke should start shipping to us around July 8th or 9th while the hunter green varient should be shipping to us near the end of July. If anything changes we'll do our best to let people know. 

For everyone who's purchased the record, in any format, plans to see the band on tour, or told a friend to check out the record after they downloaded it, thank you. 

For anyone who hasn't yet, check this out  Whenever, If Ever test press contest and incase you need it 

also wondering that.  if so, i need to pick one up.

if topshelf sees this, do you know which/if any online retailers have the rejected pressings?

The retailers in this list: http://topshelfrecords.tumblr.com/post/53283287403/twiabps-whenever-if-ever-release-day — HOWEVER, the rejected press is just /500. With many national retailers stocking it as well as the band having 100 on the road on this current tour so they'll likely all sell within a week or two, max. So once they run out, if they re-order, they'll be getting the new press. I can't guarantee they'll have in stock the one you want if/when you go to buy it.

Hey everyone, I know there have been a lot of questions about the release and the varient that is currently available so I just wanted to chime in to help keep people aware/updated, etc. 

We did make 500 records, they're all on black vinyl, they all have black and white labels, they're from the test press that we rejected but not an extension of, as of right now any retailer selling this album on vinyl has THIS version of the record, and they all include full packaging that includes a printed dust sleeve and lp jacket. The rejected test pressing and the one that we recently approved are both out of 20 and do not have the black and white labels. Oh and these all play great, they're just the...well, you all know by now...the wrong side split.

When we had to reject the first version of the test pressing we decided to make this limited to 500 run so that the band and distros/retailers could have copies around the release date. However, if there had been any audio issues with the tests aside from the side split we never would have made this version. We try to do everything possible to ensure that anything with our logo on it is high quality. I know some people think this is a similar situation to a label just making 100 test pressings prior to having heard them and giving the band 75 or so to sell "early" but at least to us it's not. I don't think there is anything wrong with labels and bands doing that. Vinyl takes a while to make and sometimes you hit delays while bands plan tours, etc and can't just bump all of their shows back a week.

Right now we're being told that the "first pressing", which includes the splatter, swirl, and clear w/ smoke should start shipping to us around July 8th or 9th while the hunter green varient should be shipping to us near the end of July. If anything changes we'll do our best to let people know. 

For everyone who's purchased the record, in any format, plans to see the band on tour, or told a friend to check out the record after they downloaded it, thank you. 

For anyone who hasn't yet, check this out  Whenever, If Ever test press contest and incase you need it 

re-posting because it fell on the last post of the previous page and I think it answers too many questions to get lost.