Boston Marathon Explosions

Boston is a diverse city. The bombs make it look like it was a domestic attack. Jumping to conclusions and making accusations isn't helpful it just makes shit worse.

Everyone has their reasoning. I wouldn't sentence the guys in that photo to death based on the evidence I've seen. But it seems like it is going in that direction.

I'm not saying I'm wrong or right. Just...where I'm at.

http://www.buzzfeed....ce-lgbt-liaison

in that article, theres two very similar photos, the second one is the one SI is using. 

*im not saying anything against those photos, they're both real, but people are saying the cops werent there.

also...what photo did the NY post run?

heres the actual SI cover

64413_10151319955671367_2146303967_n.jpg

*part of me was hesitant to post this, but the image is so powerful. ill take it down if need be. or please delete.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't see how it can be photoshopped for a couple reasons - if those shadows cast onto the asphalt are fake, those are the best fake shadows I've ever seen. & to have been fabricated in the amount of time between shooting the photo and publishing it (which, in our modern times, is usually within seconds of eachother thanks to wifi-enabled memory cards and dongles) seems unlikely. Also, you can see the difference in skin tone on the runner if you compare his left leg to his left arm.  His leg looks darker because of the police woman's shadow casting over him, while the light on his arm isn't being obstructed by anything but the haze of smoke.  This would be easier to photoshop, but still unlikely in the timeline. (Disclaimer: I don't know what time the photo was taken vs. the time it was published initially, this is just based on how modern journalism works.)

Overall, it's tough to tell where a light source is coming from (aside from shadows) with such a huge diffusion screen (the smoke) filtering the light in such a way.  It's bouncing around from all sides in situations like that.

But hey, anything's possible with today's technology.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't see how it can be photoshopped for a couple reasons - if those shadows cast onto the asphalt are fake, those are the best fake shadows I've ever seen. & to have been fabricated in the amount of time between shooting the photo and publishing it (which, in our modern times, is usually within seconds of eachother thanks to wifi-enabled memory cards and dongles) seems unlikely. Also, you can see the difference in skin tone on the runner if you compare his left leg to his left arm.  His leg looks darker because of the police woman's shadow casting over him, while the light on his arm isn't being obstructed by anything but the haze of smoke.  This would be easier to photoshop, but still unlikely in the timeline. (Disclaimer: I don't know what time the photo was taken vs. the time it was published initially, this is just based on how modern journalism works.)

Overall, it's tough to tell where a light source is coming from (aside from shadows) with such a huge diffusion screen (the smoke) filtering the light in such a way.  It's bouncing around from all sides in situations like that.

But hey, anything's possible with today's technology.

We can sit here and pick these photos apart, haha but working with SI photographers in the past and numerous times working with globe photograhpers, both these companies wouldnt 'shop a photo. they are way better than that. and yes i agree anything is possible with todays technology. 

That photo definitely isn't edited.... I saw that one on the day of. They definitely zoomed in from the original photo but they were definitely all in those positions.

yeah heres the original, SI cropped it. The crop works too IMO

marathon-2.jpg

THEY ARE GOING TO ARREST SOMEONE! THEY HAVE A SUSPECT! THEY DID ARREST SOMEONE! NO NO. WAIT. THEYRE GOING TO ARREST SOMEONE BUT NOT YET. SUSPECT IS IN CUSTODY. JAY KAY NO ARREST.

it was a boston globe source. 

saw a couple tweets that sum up things perfectly:

-Beginning to think that getting your news a day later on a piece of paper really was the way to go.

-My Twitter feed just wrote an episode of The Newsroom.

Saw a Tweet saying something along the lines of "History will not remember if you broke the story 2 minutes before anyone else, but it will remember when you get it wrong"

saw that too. but i'm also friends with a lot of journalists, and i imagine that's been said at least a thousand times in the last hour.

Evidently authorities are looking for an individual in a white baseball cap.

"The sources identified the person as a man wearing a white baseball cap. One of the sources added that the cap was on backwards and the man was also wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket. The second source said investigators have not identified this person." -CNN

http://i.imgur.com/RQNY9gl.jpg ...?

Evidently authorities are looking for an individual in a white baseball cap.

http://i.imgur.com/RQNY9gl.jpg ...?

Doesn't have the hat on backwards in any of those pics and doesn't seem like there is room for a hooded sweatshirt under that jacket.

I'm starting to regret commenting earlier that "it seems like everything fits" with an islamic angle. I bought into those pictures. But then I look again and see backpacks all throughout the pictures and obviously, only two of them contained bombs. Un-jumping to a conclusion. My bad.

Apparently they have this guy with the backwards hat talking on the phone and are going through the cell tower data to trace it back to him.

Really hoping he didn't think far enough ahead to use a burner or a stolen cell phone. Hopefully they can get whoever he was talking to as well.

Really hoping he didn't think far enough ahead to use a burner or a stolen cell phone. Hopefully they can get whoever he was talking to as well.

Hopefully but that would blow my mind if the person didn't think ahead.

Apparently they have this guy with the backwards hat talking on the phone and are going through the cell tower data to trace it back to him.

I think it's more that they believe his calls were the triggering of the explosive.