Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

There were two more at my store after 70 people hahaha

Nice dude.  I didn't go into DC.  Opted for my old stomping ground in VA.  They didn't have one but my buddy picked me up one in Madison so I'm all good.  Glad you snagged one.  How deep was the line at Crooked this morning by the time doors opened?

Nice dude.  I didn't go into DC.  Opted for my old stomping ground in VA.  They didn't have one but my buddy picked me up one in Madison so I'm all good.  Glad you snagged one.  How deep was the line at Crooked this morning by the time doors opened?

Did not snag one. Didn't really care, almost decided to flip one with a friend but opted against it, hahaha, kidding.

Crooked was 70 people in when I got there at 8. Took me an hour and a half to get inside.

got up at 2:30, was first in line at 4:15ish. 3/5 people behind me all wanted one. store only had 2 copies. had numerous people who showed up about 3 hours after i did, come up to me as i walked through the store and be like "i'm so bitter right now". 

plan for the rest of the afternoon is drinking beer and working my way through it.

congrats to everyone who was able to score one. it's a handsome box set for sure and sounds great. no regrets.

in related news, cake posted on fb that 1) Live From The Crystal Palace will be released as a solo LP separately (vinyl only, no current plans to release as a CD) and 2) confirmed that additional copies of the box set would be available via mailorder from them "eventually", with international shipping as an option. 

in related news, cake posted on fb that 1) Live From The Crystal Palace will be released as a solo LP separately (vinyl only, no current plans to release as a CD) and 2) confirmed that additional copies of the box set would be available via mailorder from them "eventually", with international shipping as an option.

I saw that too. Hopefully they post a timeframe soon for this. I really want to avoid eBay but my options seem limited for the time being.

I saw that too. Hopefully they post a timeframe soon for this. I really want to avoid eBay but my options seem limited for the time being.

yeah. a timeframe would be nice. at first glance, i took it as "we will be repressing this eventually" but then (incredibly sleep-deprived me) re-read it and realized it was incredibly vague and it might just be those 100 copies that would bring the pressing up to 1,000. they seem to be hardcore anti-flipping and all that, so hopefully they will do a second press. clearly, the demand is there. 

yeah. a timeframe would be nice. at first glance, i took it as "we will be repressing this eventually" but then (incredibly sleep-deprived me) re-read it and realized it was incredibly vague and it might just be those 100 copies that would bring the pressing up to 1,000. they seem to be hardcore anti-flipping and all that, so hopefully they will do a second press. clearly, the demand is there. 

I think they have more that will be exclusive to their mail order/webstore. They have a picture of it up on there and it's the colored version. I'll just be follwing this thread and checking my mailbox like a hawk until that happens.

I said screw it and threw my max offer in on an eBay listing. I won it and now have zero to worry about. I didn't want to stare at my phone constantly waiting for the cake email or bidding on eBay.

Luckily I sold some stuff lately for more than I was expecting which paid for the entire thing (hooray for magic cards exploding in price)

I said screw it and threw my max offer in on an eBay listing. I won it and now have zero to worry about. I didn't want to stare at my phone constantly waiting for the cake email or bidding on eBay.

Luckily I sold some stuff lately for more than I was expecting which paid for the entire thing (hooray for magic cards exploding in price)

glad you got a copy! hopefully you didn't fill a flipper's wallet too much in the process ;)

ps. wait...magic cards are worth things these days? i've got a box of them somewhere at home that i will pretty much never need for anything ever.

This makes me wish I played magic when I was younger.

If anyone remembers battle beasts from the early nineties, I was able to do pretty much the same thing. I could not believe what people would pay for shit I liked to play with when I was a kid.

Dirty fucking flipper mentality. ONLY BUY THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP FOREVER. DEATH TO FLEA MARKETS, EBAY AND PRIVATE SALES.

glad you got a copy! hopefully you didn't fill a flipper's wallet too much in the process ;)

ps. wait...magic cards are worth things these days? i've got a box of them somewhere at home that i will pretty much never need for anything ever.

Wish my old Pokemon cards were worth anything nowadays. Clearly I invested in the wrong pieces of glossy expensive cardboard.