Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

Man I hope that's accurate. I'm foaming at the mouth at the thought of owning this.

I promise I'm not bragging, but you should be. The box set and albums all look awesome and sound perfect.

My only issue is how the box opens. I am not going to keep the records in the box because I can see repeated opening and closing (which I guarantee will happen with me and these records) would cause the two parts of the box to rip apart. Plus, the box is embossed and constant sliding in and out against anything will definitely scar it up.

It was a deal at the $135 I paid for it. If I was casually shopping and saw this in a record store, I would have gladly paid $300+ for it.

I promise I'm not bragging, but you should be. The box set and albums all look awesome and sound perfect.

My only issue is how the box opens. I am not going to keep the records in the box because I can see repeated opening and closing (which I guarantee will happen with me and these records) would cause the two parts of the box to rip apart. Plus, the box is embossed and constant sliding in and out against anything will definitely scar it up.

It was a deal at the $135 I paid for it. If I was casually shopping and saw this in a record store, I would have gladly paid $300+ for it.

I agree that in time the box lid will likely seperate from use. I would have preferred a slip case or even traditional box, but I agree this thing is so nicely done and worth much more than the $139 price I paid.

I mentioned this in another thread, but mine already has a tear in it just from opening it the few times I did on Saturday.

You guys are lucky! It's only the translucent records that have any issues, all of the opaque ones have no noise at all. I emailed them that I would be more than happy to pay for some replacements, but even to me that seems laughable at this point in time.

Turntable?

Turntable?

Nah, I've got a nice Carbon (tone-arm/weight is set up properly) with awesome speakers and preamp and I clean all of my records and the needle before each side I play. It truly is a problem with the records, it's at the beginning of all of the translucent records and kind of fades away until the last song of each side only has slight noise. Prolonging the Magic sounds incredible! 

Nah, I've got a nice Carbon (tone-arm/weight is set up properly) with awesome speakers and preamp and I clean all of my records and the needle before each side I play. It truly is a problem with the records, it's at the beginning of all of the translucent records and kind of fades away until the last song of each side only has slight noise. Prolonging the Magic sounds incredible!

Could it be because there is a lot of music on each LP?

Could it be because there is a lot of music on each LP?

I was just wondering how they got these to sound so good with so much music on them! But honestly, the same shit happened to a bunch of other botched pressings of records I've got, this just so happens that it's only mine (so far anyways), something is probably in the grooves that can't be cleaned, at least by my cleaner. The Devil & God comes to mind, my copy came with a big visual smudge on it that wouldn't come off.

I was able to snag a copy off eBay Saturday for a reasonable BIN offer (it was the cheapest one I've seen so far on the secondary market) and can't wait for it to arrive.

Who knows how the online sale will go through the band. I know if I was to miss that (which due to life/work taking priority is likely) the secondary market would be even more crazy and I would have regretted not grabbing one earlier.