Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I emailed vintage vinyl to see if it would be up for pre-order again online, as it was for black friday last fall-

They replied:

As far as I am aware, it is expected to be released as a Record Store Day piece in April. Pre-orders are not allowed for the April Record Store day event. If it is released for that event then it would be available in the store only on April 19. Any remaining stock can be sold online after that date.

Regards,

Donna

Vintage Vinyl Records

Since when have they not done pre-orders for RSD? Maybe they mean just the box set

I'm not usually prone to hyberboyle, but Sweet Jesus I'd sell my extended family into white slavery for one of these. 

I like that you went so far as to include your in-laws, but made sure to keep your immediate family out of the deal.  

...you call yourself a Cake fan. . .

• 1 month later...

Thats a good price for this. 8 albums for $125.  Fat Wreck is still trying to sell that Strung Out Vol 1 for $90...

I guarantee its not 125 for record store day. From my understanding, and i could be wrong, RSD releases are expensive to order. I'm seeing this around 150 or higher. However, I will gladly allow 125! 

I guarantee its not 125 for record store day. From my understanding, and i could be wrong, RSD releases are expensive to order. I'm seeing this around 150 or higher. However, I will gladly allow 125!

MSRP has already been confirmed at $125. Also, record stores have different distributors, so prices will be based on what it costs a store to get items.

• 1 month later...

I have so much anxiety about finding this on RSD. 

same :(

i've been debating my RSD strategy for weeks now. it's really the only thing i'm trying to get. there are so many stores around here participating and i'm super paranoid that i'm going to go wait on line crazy early and then find out that i picked the one store that didn't get any copies.