Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

same :(

i've been debating my RSD strategy for weeks now. it's really the only thing i'm trying to get. there are so many stores around here participating and i'm super paranoid that i'm going to go wait on line crazy early and then find out that i picked the one store that didn't get any copies. 

If I somehow manage to run across this I'll pick up a copy for someone on here, I don't really want it at all...but I doubt I'll see one, I work until 2 PM on Saturday. <_< You never know though, I've run across stuff I didn't expect late in the day on occasion. I think I've given up on the hype of RSD though, I don't even care that I can't get there early this year.

This is exactly why I didn't want it to be an RSD release.  It's going to be a nightmare to get for the people who truly want it.  It has been my single-biggest want vinyl-wise since it was officially announced.  Now I feel like I am going to have to line up six hours early to maybe get my hands on it.

I am just hoping my local shop gets it.  I am waiting for them to post their list.  If they don't get it, then I am going to seriously need to employ the help of someone here to get it.   Nothing like calling in the world's biggest favor to people that you've never actually met.  

Do you think that maybe they'll release a version that comes in LP jackets, but really is a CD? Or maybe they'll do something special with the RSD version to set them apart, like mixing in their semen with the wax, a la Flaming Lips? You people are funny. RSD is only 4 days away, let the magic of surprise sweep you off your collective feet!

New member to the forum here, but I wanted to add my .02 to this subject...

I emailed the Cake webstore a month ago asking if they would be selling this on or after RSD. They said that 1000 copies were available to record shops and a limited amount would be available to Cake mailing list subscribers the day after RSD.  Based on the widespread publication of the "900" qty for record stores, I would guess that the Cake webstore would have the other 100 copies if their numbers were correct.  Hope this helps. 

The place I frequent has confirmed that they have 1 copy.  They tried ordering 15.  I am trying to determine what time to arrive.

New member to the forum here, but I wanted to add my .02 to this subject...

I emailed the Cake webstore a month ago asking if they would be selling this on or after RSD. They said that 1000 copies were available to record shops and a limited amount would be available to Cake mailing list subscribers the day after RSD.  Based on the widespread publication of the "900" qty for record stores, I would guess that the Cake webstore would have the other 100 copies if their numbers were correct.  Hope this helps. 

The place I frequent has confirmed that they have 1 copy.  They tried ordering 15.  I am trying to determine what time to arrive.

Welcome!  That was a good first post.  Thanks for the info.

These will probably be pressed on black later in the year. Once the first pressing happens they usually see the demand and over capitalize on it. I'm sure SRC is already on it. See the RSD thread for Bleed American for more details.

Yeah, it'd be a missed opportunity to not repress these. 

I'm lining up at least 12 hours early. Got a few movies to watch on my phone and by then folks will be in line. If you want it you gotta wait in line sometimes...I won't line up for much but rsd gets me sitting in the cold waiting for the stuff I want. I don't mind paying a little more for some stuff but 400 percent is too much...plus I'm getting a vacation day that night so it will be like getting paid to sit there instead of working...so ya