Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

Uhh, to flip? Doy.

Yeah its not a popular opinion but I have no moral quarrel with selling this set if I can make a quick 100 bucks and pick it up again later on black vinyl. Looking at eBay listings, its tempting to list it. I can wait a few more weeks for the next batch. I collect vinyl to listen first and foremost and of my 500+ records I've kept maybe 1-2 sealed.

Yeah its not a popular opinion but I have no moral quarrel with selling this set if I can make a quick 100 bucks and pick it up again later on black vinyl. Looking at eBay listings, its tempting to list it. I can wait a few more weeks for the next batch.

What's your EB handle? :P

How will you possibly hang this on your wall?

I'll have it framed in a giant 3x3 foot frame, same as I frame all my other boxsets :P

In reality I actually do have 2 framed records hanging up on my wall. I got them signed by the artists and keep the actual vinyl in a generic sleeve so I can listen to it. I don't see why people hate on it.

Seriously though, I've heard enough stories of missing records and such w/ this boxset that I think opening it and making sure what you're selling is exactly as described is the least you can do for people whom you're about to take for a financial ride on eBay.

Plus if you're lucky enough to snag a test pressing, you'll profit even more.

You can have my discogs handle if you care: http://www.discogs.com/user/mkhaytman/ eBay handle is shared with family so won't be sharing that to prove any points.

No, Expresso Beans handle. Saw your Taylor Sigur Ros avatar and coupled it w/ the fact that you're flipping something and just assumed you were a member of that message board. It was partially an inside joke.

No, Expresso Beans handle. Saw your Taylor Sigur Ros avatar and coupled it w/ the fact that you're flipping something and just assumed you were a member of that message board. It was partially an inside joke.

Oh, that forums new to me. I promise I don't flip things often lol I bought the Taylor sigor ros at the actual show haven't really delved too deep into the collectable poster hobby.

But when you do you make sure to talk about it in the release thread!

If I decide to sell this set, I don't think there's one single thing wrong with that. Same as you can do anything you please with yours without me judging you for it, pal.

I think its actually a relevant discussion to have in the release thread: are you willing to trade in your limited cake set for a wide release version in a month + 100 dollars.

If I decide to sell this set, I don't think there's one single thing wrong with that. Same as you can do anything you please with yours without me judging you for it, pal.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's highly frowned upon here. Hopefully one day when you need something and don't want to pay a bunch of extra money nobody will remember this.

PSA, If you're gonna flip something, It's just best to keep things to yourself.

I'm really just playing devils advocate at this point, I think its kinda ridiculous to give somebody so much grief over contemplating reselling an item. I didn't snatch this out of a fans hands after they waited in line for 12 hours, I bought off a website where it was available for 4 hours+ and will soon be back in stock. Sure you can just label me an eBay flipper or whatever but that's just not the case. If people are really gonna hold this against me so be it.

I'm really just playing devils advocate at this point, I think its kinda ridiculous to give somebody so much grief over contemplating reselling an item. I didn't snatch this out of a fans hands after they waited in line for 12 hours, I bought off a website where it was available for 4 hours+ and will soon be back in stock. Sure you can just label me an eBay flipper or whatever but that's just not the case. If people are really gonna hold this against me so be it.

I give you all kinds of knowledgeable advice and this is how you treat me? Ugh, haha.

Just go sell your set on eBay and leave. You have nothing to offer to this forum and nobody here is going to be stupid enough to pay you $300 for this set.

You aren't allowed to "flip" here. But wait 3 months and then post in the sell/trade forum that you really need money and then it's ok to sell it for more then you paid.

The Internet is a funny place.

Wrong. You are allowed to flip here, people will just shit on you for it. Chances are if he posted a set sale $300 for this one of the thousands of users would take it. But probably at least 50 members would shit on him for it. And yea if you wait a few months it is slightly more acceptable because at least then you didn't clearly buy it to sell it instantly for some kind of profit.