Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

Still no tracking info for mine on usps's website. I'm hoping that since they got complaints about damaged boxes that they are taking the time to package the rest properly. I tend not to be super anal about dings and seam splits but since they specifically said they were charging so much for shipping to protect them from damage they should probably get it right.

Still no tracking info for mine on usps's website. I'm hoping that since they got complaints about damaged boxes that they are taking the time to package the rest properly. I tend not to be super anal about dings and seam splits but since they specifically said they were charging so much for shipping to protect them from damage they should probably get it right.

The one advantage to RSD, I suppose. Shipping pride has really decreased.

Did anyone else's "Fashion Nugget" have a chunk missing on the edge of the record, near the lead in? Mine does, I can place the needle just before the music stops but it's disheartening.

Yes, whatever caused it also affected the first song on each side. Tell them.. They will send you a replacement from the manufacturer.

If only they would replaced the outer boxes. Mine has a nasty corner bash...

For $35, these should be packed like a tank to arrive in pristine condition. Their responses seem to be pretty indifferent though.

No issues with mine, but since they're probably making more in profit on shipping than Cake is on the set itself, they should be doing better.

Yes, they blamed the post office... Although the shipping box didn't show any sign of being dropped. I'm still trying to fight it. They said once it leaves their office they are off the hook since it was sent Priority. A waste of $35 shipping...

That's bullshit. Maybe try and email the band about it? They seem to read everything that's sent to them.

Yes, they blamed the post office... Although the shipping box didn't show any sign of being dropped. I'm still trying to fight it. They said once it leaves their office they are off the hook since it was sent Priority. A waste of $35 shipping...

If it came down to it you could probably complain to your credit card. I don't think the fact they sent it Priority matters whatsoever. It's not that hard to make sure items don't get damaged if you package them properly. And obviously you aren't the only one with this issue. Out of principle if mine is messed at all I'll be bitching since they charged 2x what they should have.

Yes, whatever caused it also affected the first song on each side. Tell them.. They will send you a replacement from the manufacturer.

If only they would replaced the outer boxes. Mine has a nasty corner bash...

What's the e-mail address or what have you?

Will they replace one that was bought in store on RSD? 

Finally emailed about my order they are saying I am on the bubble of getting mine shipped this week but it maybe in round 2 so after they do this preorder thing. Not very happy about that at all as it's a gift. I don't even like cake that much.

I was told that I'd be in round 2.  No false hope offered for a package this week.  Ordered at 2:42pm.  Did you buy through their newsletter link or the vinyl collective link?

If it's bubbling really badly, it might be a second label stuck on top. One side of my Fashion Nugget had about a quarter of a second label. You could tell that someone had ripped it off, but missed a bit. 

I had it happen with another record as well recently where it had three center labels on one side. I peeled two of them up and it looks fine now.

Also for those of you with shipping/damage issues you have a legitimate complaint as they insinuate that they would be shipped with signature confirmation via USPS or UPS/FedEx since they say "our decision to only ship via trackable delivery services as we do not want any of these box sets getting damaged, lost in the mail or stolen from anyone's doorstep." Nothing is stopping anyone from stealing anything with requiring a signature upon delivery. The only thing they actually followed through on out of their 3 reasons was "lost in the mail" with the tracking that is included with Priority shipping.

I was told that I'd be in round 2.  No false hope offered for a package this week.  Ordered at 2:42pm.  Did you buy through their newsletter link or the vinyl collective link?

Vinyl collective link. Yeah I don't think the customer services has a clue. They said well you order with at shirt so those might ship next week. They tried to imply that it wouldn't be long till round 2 shipped but anyone that has pressed vinyl before can tell you it's going to be months.

When I placed my order, iit immediately said "ready to ship".  I emailed them today...and they told me that my order would ship in the 2nd round of shipping. 

Ok...so I asked them what type of a timeline I could expect on the 2nd round...days...weeks..months?  They emailed me back the Cake Facebook statement "Cake listeners...we have heard you...", but provided zero information on when the next round would be.  Seriously?

I think it's clear that nobody has any idea when the 2nd round is actually going to be available, but I'd bet that it's months as well.  What a total cluster  F...again, I ordered 2 additional copies of Live at The Crystal to give out as gifts along with the boxset, so I'm guessing that my order got placed secondary to anyone that ordered the box set as a stand alone purchase. 

Sure..I'm glad I'll get it in the long run, but it seems pretty misleading to take my $200 and not provide any update on a timeline.  Also they basically dodged a point blank question about the expected timeline of this being released...it all just seems in poor taste and terrible diplomacy.  This wasn't advertised as a "pre-order" and my shipping status from the second I paid was "ready to ship"....now it's stuck in purgatory with no answers.

Booohhh!