Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

When I placed my order, iit immediately said "ready to ship".  I emailed them today...and they told me that my order would ship in the 2nd round of shipping. 

Ok...so I asked them what type of a timeline I could expect on the 2nd round...days...weeks..months?  They emailed me back the Cake Facebook statement "Cake listeners...we have heard you...", but provided zero information on when the next round would be.  Seriously?

I think it's clear that nobody has any idea when the 2nd round is actually going to be available, but I'd bet that it's months as well.  What a total cluster  F...again, I ordered 2 additional copies of Live at The Crystal to give out as gifts along with the boxset, so I'm guessing that my order got placed secondary to anyone that ordered the box set as a stand alone purchase. 

Sure..I'm glad I'll get it in the long run, but it seems pretty misleading to take my $200 and not provide any update on a timeline.  Also they basically dodged a point blank question about the expected timeline of this being released...it all just seems in poor taste and terrible diplomacy.  This wasn't advertised as a "pre-order" and my shipping status from the second I paid was "ready to ship"....now it's stuck in purgatory with no answers.

Booohhh!

Look at the bright side, they could just cancel all orders that can't be filled, not press more and tell you 'good luck on eBay'.

Yeah...I agree.  The silly thing is you know that Cake isn't doing this for the cash and the demand was just a lot higher than they anticipated. I'm sure Cake was taken by surprise with the demand. It's good they are pressing more.

I'm more annoyed that I gave them money, but they have no information on when I'll get it.  Heck, I'm not the brightest guy, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to create a pop-up website that only allowed X amount of orders to be placed and that it wouldn't be too hard to know how many box sets you had available to ship.  What a massive error to allow people to buy something that you don't have the inventory for! 

Why would you represent that you had something available to purchase only to find out you don't.  What employee went, "Hey, we probably should have only allowed 200 orders instead of 400 orders, since we only have 200 boxsets" (as an example..I have no idea how many orders they took)....but I do know they took money from me for something that wasn't available....and that is simply not cool!  Clearly I want this and I don't intend to cancel...just disappointing is all.

You were already charged?  I'm listed as "backorder" and my credit card hasn't been billed.

I don't think the 'overselling' was a nefarious ploy to make us suffer.  Coordinating all this, as fast as they did (2-3 days), takes a lot of digital infrastructure and old fashioned person to person communication between Cake, the record manufacturer, and Connextion.  There are a number of understandable reasons why they might have oversold and the situation played out the way it did.  

Would I like the album yesterday?  Yes.  But I'm not in a big hurry and a part of me is hoping that the second run works out the kinks/defects some people got with the first run.  The only thing that slightly bugs me is that the original link was leaked and I wasn't a member here at the time, so I ended up being one of the clueless dodos on the mailing list waiting patiently, thinking I was going to get first crack at getting a mail-order copy.  But that's just the luck of circumstance and I won't spend too much internet ink bemoaning a minor amount of bad luck.  I'm stoked for the box set whenever it arrives.

Hey guys, new poster here. I like many of you placed my order right when the link was posted and was updated to "shipped" status the next day. My tracking number doesn't reflect anything other than the label being created. Since Monday I have been offered repeated assurances that my package was just about to ship only to have it not ship. After expressing my frustration the person at customer service "talked to their manager" and told me that they had run out of packing boxes for the box sets and had just gotten new ones in and that my item would ship today. Still no update on the tracking end of things. It seems like the person running customer service is pretty out of the loop and they also don't seem to want to provide anything but one sentence answers. It's hard to say if they are overwhelmed with orders or if there is a much bigger problem that they are trying to bide their time with and cover up. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed that we paid $35 for supposed high quality shipping service and they don't seem to have their act together at all. There is a phone number and I will be calling them tonight.

for $35 i was kind of expecting how epitaph shipped the bad religion & fat shipped the nofx sets... in oversized boxes with pre-fab foam corner inserts, that were pre-packed from the mfr...  the sets were just wrapped in bubble wrap and set in a really low quality cardboard box and sent priority (which was probably 10 bucks for the weight)

Hey guys, new poster here. I like many of you placed my order right when the link was posted and was updated to "shipped" status the next day. My tracking number doesn't reflect anything other than the label being created. Since Monday I have been offered repeated assurances that my package was just about to ship only to have it not ship. After expressing my frustration the person at customer service "talked to their manager" and told me that they had run out of packing boxes for the box sets and had just gotten new ones in and that my item would ship today. Still no update on the tracking end of things. It seems like the person running customer service is pretty out of the loop and they also don't seem to want to provide anything but one sentence answers. It's hard to say if they are overwhelmed with orders or if there is a much bigger problem that they are trying to bide their time with and cover up. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed that we paid $35 for supposed high quality shipping service and they don't seem to have their act together at all. There is a phone number and I will be calling them tonight.

Some people are damn impatient. 

"Since Monday I have been offered repeated assurances "

Its only Wednesday, how often do you email them to mandate repeated assurances?

Better get on that phone to tell them how extreme your disappointment is.

557bf4e2b0violin.jpg.jpg

As I checked out as a guest, I emailed them to ask the status of the order:

'your order is on the bubble between getting out this week and being in the 2nd shipping round. fingers crossed IF it ships this week, you will get an email'.

I place the order well over an hour before it was marked as sold out on the site. Looks to me like it was oversold, possibly to see what the demand was. When it turned out to be high enough, they announced they'd press more.

As I checked out as a guest, I emailed them to ask the status of the order:

'your order is on the bubble between getting out this week and being in the 2nd shipping round. fingers crossed IF it ships this week, you will get an email'.

I place the order well over an hour before it was marked as sold out on the site. Looks to me like it was oversold, possibly to see what the demand was. When it turned out to be high enough, they announced they'd press more.

Obviously that is a stock reply. The same wording they sent to me. The IF is the same. So obviously copy and paste.

Some people are damn impatient. 

"Since Monday I have been offered repeated assurances "

Its only Wednesday, how often do you email them to mandate repeated assurances?

Better get on that phone to tell them how extreme your disappointment is.

557bf4e2b0violin.jpg.jpg

What is the point of posting this? I'm simply trying to make sure my order has actually gone through and keeping others posted who are dealing with the same issues what I've been hearing. I've never dealt with customer service that is this misleading and inconsistent. $35 for shipping is A LOT of money and $100 (despite being a great deal) is STILL $100 any way you slice it. Maybe it's not a lot of money to you... who knows. No need to be condescending. 

Mine just showed up. This thread had me all worried but the damage isn't bad, just one banged up corner on the outer box. The vinyl all looks good, no seam splits or anything. Now I just need to decide what to play first.

Chronologically!