PO: Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue (Acoustic)

• 1 month later...

It says the white is preorder... So does that include preorder on amazon?

On Amazon it says

"This title will be released on August 20, 2013"

So no idea if these will be white or not because the record is being released on the 13th and the preorders on Hopeless' website are supposed to start shipping out tomorrow. They probably just have the date wrong on Amazon but it's a little confusing, they should specify in the description what color it is.

Seriously can't wait to hear this record though.

I don't think it's the wrong date, I pre-ordered through best buy and just got an update saying the release date was now 8/20. I'm guessing maybe hopeless is going to ship it to the distributors the same time they ship to anyone who preordered from their site? I honestly don't know haha

On Amazon it says

"This title will be released on August 20, 2013"

So no idea if these will be white or not because the record is being released on the 13th and the preorders on Hopeless' website are supposed to start shipping out tomorrow. They probably just have the date wrong on Amazon but it's a little confusing, they should specify in the description what color it is.

Seriously can't wait to hear this record though.

It's black. Amazon copies are always retail copies.

Vinyl is delayed that's probably why the date changed to the 20th

"We would like to thank you for your purchase of the Yellowcard Ocean Avenue Acoustic Presale!

These items were originally scheduled to be shipped Tuesday, but unfortunately we have not received the White Vinyl LP from the manufacturer yet.

We have been in contact with them, and were told to expect them later today!

Once these items arrive to our facilities all orders will be immediately shipped and you will receive tracking via email!

If you have any questions, or need to update your address/information on the order.

Please email us at [email protected] with your order number & information regarding the changes you need made."

Wait, so that means the amazon pre-order ones are also on white vinyl?

It seems as though the only way we're going to get this answer is when one of you who have ordered from there receives it & reports back.

One question I had, is on their website, the white variant is advertised as "pre-order only".  This can't be true, can it?  Cause how would that work, wait until the release day, and then press however many were pre-ordered?  If they're pressed ahead of time, but selling them only in the pre-order, what would they do with all the rest that didn't sell?

It seems as though the only way we're going to get this answer is when one of you who have ordered from there receives it & reports back.

One question I had, is on their website, the white variant is advertised as "pre-order only".  This can't be true, can it?  Cause how would that work, wait until the release day, and then press however many were pre-ordered?  If they're pressed ahead of time, but selling them only in the pre-order, what would they do with all the rest that didn't sell?

I know right, that's why I'm thinking maybe they really are all white, at least until they run out of whatever massive quantity they pressed and then start selling a regular black variant.

I guess the vinyl isn't delayed? The band posted this on their Facebook page on Friday:

"OCEAN AVENUE ACOUSTIC VINYL NOT DELAYED!

If you got a message about your vinyl pre order being delayed today, fear not, my friends. There was a small mix up but the records will ship on schedule. Enjoy."

The arrangements haven't been changed at all to suit an acoustic record. All they seem to have done is re-recorded with an acoustic guitar, which gets drowned out by everything. It's really no where near as good as the "When you're through thinking say yes" acoustic tracks. In fact, it's really boring.

I listened through the first 11 tracks or so tonight, and really enjoyed it.  Was thinking to myself

What were people expecting from an acoustic album?

But, to each his own.  Sometimes people talk something up SO much that it's almost a let down regardless of what it is, maybe this had the opposite effect after reading a couple disgruntled reviews on here & I think iTunes had a couple as well. 

I like it so much I hate the original now.  Just kidding, but I think they did a great job.  Hopefully I can find the means to make it out of state to catch the tour, though I'm still indifferent about a majority acoustic set...

Yeah, obviously people are always going to have their own opinions which is fine. I just feel like they deserve a lot more credit cause they did a fantastic job. Lots of good memories with these songs.

I had to choose between buying a ticket for Yellowcard's tour or The Story So Far, Such Gold etc. It was a tough decision but I ended up choosing tssf. I wish I could make both shows!