PO: Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue (Acoustic)

wahhhh stop bitching bands shouldn't be obligated to do 10 year tours in the first place. one of the worst trends this scene has hopped on

haha I never said bands were obligated... but if you're going to do it... do it right. I'm definitely not against the trend. I don't mind seeing bands that used to be relevant play my favorite records at all.

haha I never said bands were obligated... but if you're going to do it... do it right. I'm definitely not against the trend. I don't mind seeing bands that used to be relevant play my favorite records at all.

I think they are still relevant. Souther Air debuted at number 10 on the Billboard charts. I think this is a cool thing to do (the album and the show). Breathes some new life into an older album. I agree though that I don't have a problem seeing bands play their fan favorite albums.

I will also say I was really looking forward to a plugged if you will, Ocean Avenue set.  I'm sure searos is accurate in saying acoustic can be lively as well, but I want loud ass guitars and drums screaming into my ears with the vocalist loud enough to be heard over them while I'm running, jumping, pitting around (so pitted

).  Not the same with an acoustic set...

wahhhh stop bitching bands shouldn't be obligated to do 10 year tours in the first place. one of the worst trends this scene has hopped on

I'm not sure it's something the scene just hopped on. I think it's more the fact some of the bands are just finally starting to get old enough to have these type of shows. I never hate to see a band I like sell out shows, press LP's, or get people excited about their music. Even if it is a celebration of their older music.

I think they are still relevant.

I'd say they are again relevant.  I'm not sure what their popularity level was on paper during the Paper Walls era, but they've played their hand to perfection for their comeback.  Like Phil Hellmouth with violins & a microphone.  A top 10 album, they're selling out shows (maybe not all of them but a few I've gone to in the last year have been, 2 in Chicago, 1 in Vegas), their stage was packed wall to wall at Minnesota's Warped Tour last summer. 

I was with Yellowcard for this entire ride, and I'm glad to see fans, old & new, back in action like it was 2003.

I think they are still relevant. Souther Air debuted at number 10 on the Billboard charts. I think this is a cool thing to do (the album and the show). Breathes some new life into an older album. I agree though that I don't have a problem seeing bands play their fan favorite albums.

They definitely aren't that relevant in music even close to as much as they were before but their last two records have been their best two so...

Because you need to be jumping around to enjoy live music?

I don't. I always stay in the back and usually prefer seats in arenas. My comment was more of a reply to those who want the anniversary tour to be all-electric. Acoustic shows in theaters are usually pretty awesome. Foo's Skin & Bones being a good example.

To be fair most of their shows normally involve playing quite a bit off ocean avenue as it is so a tour a playing the full album as an electric set would be bit pointless. Cool but pointless. An acoustic set like this will make this their most unique tour in a while.

Regardless I urge anyone who has not seen them live to do so as they always have awesome live shows.

To be fair most of their shows normally involve playing quite a bit off ocean avenue as it is so a tour a playing the full album as an electric set would be bit pointless. Cool but pointless. An acoustic set like this will make this their most unique tour in a while.

Regardless I urge anyone who has not seen them live to do so as they always have awesome live shows.

when was the last time you saw them? I've been them 3 times in the last 2 years and they played 4-5 songs off ocean avenue and even made a comment about how "We're glad you guys enjoy seeing us play old songs but we enjoy playing the new ones" or something along those lines.

when was the last time you saw them? I've been them 3 times in the last 2 years and they played 4-5 songs off ocean avenue and even made a comment about how "We're glad you guys enjoy seeing us play old songs but we enjoy playing the new ones" or something along those lines.

Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I saw them twice in 2011. I remember 1 time was very heavy on new stuff but I thought one time was very geared towards older. I mean they never played the whole album and even some of my favorites were skipped but over the course of seeing them the last 2 times at least I have heard 3/4 the album. I guess it would be cooler than I mentioned but I still think hearing them play a different album in full or this album acoustic is a lot more special.

Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I saw them twice in 2011. I remember 1 time was very heavy on new stuff but I thought one time was very geared towards older. I mean they never played the whole album and even some of my favorites were skipped but over the course of seeing them the last 2 times at least I have heard 3/4 the album. I guess it would be cooler than I mentioned but I still think hearing them play a different album in full or this album acoustic is a lot more special.

Last couple times I've seen them in the past two years has been a bunch of new stuff with the normal old favorites. While I agree that it would be "cool" to hear it acoustic, some of the most fun and memorable shows have been these 10 year anniversary shows like nfg's self titled and sticks and stones, finch's what it is to burn, starting line's say it like you mean it, sugarcult's start static and rocket summers calendar days/hello, good friend. None of those were acoustic and I don't think this one should be either. Do intimate venues for acoustic shoes and then play the electric version at bigger venues for more to enjoy.

i don't see the problem with 10 year anniversary shows.  seeing an album that you listen to for years actually played front to back live is awesome.  that feeling when you can start singing the next song before its even started is awesome haha.  i saw the nfg s&s tour the other night and it was awesome.  would have killed to see tayf or yfw played front to back.

and deja entendu full acoustic wouldn't be nearly as bad as yfw fully acoustic.  now that would be a bummer.

I SAID AWESOME A LOT HOLY SHIT

i don't see the problem with 10 year anniversary shows. seeing an album that you listen to for years actually played front to back live is awesome. that feeling when you can start singing the next song before its even started is awesome haha. i saw the nfg s&s tour the other night and it was awesome. would have killed to see tayf or yfw played front to back.

and deja entendu full acoustic wouldn't be nearly as bad as yfw fully acoustic. now that would be a bummer.

I SAID AWESOME A LOT HOLY SHIT

I got nothing wrong with 10yr anniversary shows and honestly think some of this tour showed be electric cause it is cool always but I just find the acoustic tour a lot more special. Hell Taking Back Sunday's tayf tour was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I will probably hold off for a little too.  The price on Amazon is now up to 20.79.

It's back down to $18.76 on Amazon, which, with prime, still beats the $24.53 shipped on Hopeless' website. Release date is a week later than hopeless though, so there is that. But I don't think it's really that big of a deal to save the 5 bucks and wait haha