Breaking up box sets

Breaking up box sets  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find it acceptable to break up a box set?

I don't think Discogs users really give a shit if you want to break up a box set and sell the records individually per-say. What they flip out about is people listing the individual records that belong to a box set since they are not really individual releases. The Discogs users are fierce  I have added some things to the database over the years and they always have something negative to report about the way I went about submitting it.

Bottom line, do what ever you want with your boxset, I just wouldn't break it up on Discogs.

This was the NOFX 126" right? Did you try listing them under the original pressings and put gold or swirl in the notes?

I broke that up on eBay.

I tried selling it for less than I paid for, but it wouldn't move (it cost $130 in Japan). So I broke it up for $6 to $8 a piece and kept Fat Club, Quitter (listed on discogs at prices high enough to afford me originals if someone buys it).

I'm debating selling Bad Religion Box or breaking it up. I've got some offers for the Box, but breaking it up would allow me to keep some pieces that I are hard to find while still getting the same or more. If they could sell for $20-$25 per album, then breaking it would be best. The goal is to get enough money to afford black/original presses. 

I'm considering breaking up my NOFX and Bad Religion box sets, cause I simply don't need two copies of the same record. Plus I find it boring that all the records are the same color.

Where do you see that it's unacceptable behavior on Discogs ?

And thanks for the thread, that's an interesting topic I think. I also considered doing this when I have two copies on a different color of a double LP. This should be great.

I'm all for it. It gives somebody a chance to own a piece of a box set that they want without having to buy the entire thing...That being said, don't indulge people by paying crazy prices.

I'm running with this, but I'm going to put up my favorite pieces at crazy prices. My logic is, if someone wants to pay the price, fine. If they don't, I keep my record.