The Xbox One

So then I'm assuming some people have some sort of early access? I've seen a few videos of gameplay from various people on youtube.

I know people were allowed to record gameplay footage at the halofest event.

So could be from there, or could be some early access copies floating around - happens a lot.

My first day impressions with this console, not too stoked on it.

Been having weird issues with my Internet connection(s - I use a dual router) where the connection is just kinda suckin' on the console. I understand the game I was installing is 38gb but it's 6 hours later and it's sitting at 60%. My ISP isn't shotty, and all my other devices are performing perfectly fine. I see I'm able to start the game without all the data but it's running like trash and I keep getting hit with 'installing' and 'can't connect' notifications.

The most annoying thing is this bright ass X button on the controller. Holy shit that thing is blinding and I'm sure it devours otherwise useful battery life. I'm hoping my attitude changes towards it over the next few days but to be honest I'd rather go play by WiiU.

Been having weird issues with my Internet connection(s - I use a dual router) where the connection is just kinda suckin' on the console. I understand the game I was installing is 38gb but it's 6 hours later and it's sitting at 60%. My ISP isn't shotty, and all my other devices are performing perfectly fine. I see I'm able to start the game without all the data but it's running like trash and I keep getting hit with 'installing' and 'can't connect' notifications.

The most annoying thing is this bright ass X button on the controller. Holy shit that thing is blinding and I'm sure it devours otherwise useful battery life. I'm hoping my attitude changes towards it over the next few days but to be honest I'd rather go play by WiiU.

Got to be the only person I've seen complain about the brightness of the dashboard button but now that you said that I can see that probably draining battery life. Not sure why it's taking you that long to install a game because I installed Halo and it didn't take more than an hour if that for me, it takes some getting used to but I think you'll learn to love the system.

I'm not a fan of the bright Xbox button either. I wish there was a way to turn it down. Maybe I'll try taking a controller apart and try to tint the button.

Rambo, almost every problem you'll have with this system can be fixed with a hard reset. If things start acting up, just hold your finger on the console's power button for about ten seconds then turn it back on again.

My first day was like this too, it took nearly 5 hours for COD Ghosts to install 

Today was better, still lukewarm on Assassin's Creed but I'm trying to give it a fair shake. I sold some other games on eBay and used that money to grab a SO code. That game sold me on the Xbox One, I have high hopes.

Does the controller light illuminate in segments when in use with local multi-player like the 360's controllers did? Hopefully they'll remodel it someday and get rid of that blinding ass flood light. I had to tape a piece of paper I scribbled over with sharpie on it last night so I could get some playtime in before bed.

I don't think it will light up a quadrant if you have multiple active controlled but I don't real-life friends so I can't say for sure. 

I never noticed, or even thought twice about the brightness of the button. I must admit to getting a slight chuckle at your irritation. Not to say it isn't justified, if you don't like it you don't like it, but it is making me laugh. 

I've got Kinect, so my experience might be different from yours. With Kinect it associates your face with the controller you're using. So if you pick up someone else's controller it will just assign it to you and when they pick up a controller, it will be reassigned to them.

I don't think it will light up a quadrant if you have multiple active controlled but I don't real-life friends so I can't say for sure.

I never noticed, or even thought twice about the brightness of the button. I must admit to getting a slight chuckle at your irritation. Not to say it isn't justified, if you don't like it you don't like it, but it is making me laugh.

4fnziuo7.jpg

Ok I'm really liking Sunset Overdrive, it's like Ratchet And Clank mixed with Bio-Dome, plus this digital copy came with exclusive DLC which includes another version of that record gun but with colored vinyl. The soundtrack is fucking dope too, if they're putting Scott Pilgrim on vinyl they should definitely do it for this game.

Assassin's Creed can eat a dick, I have no idea what the hell is going on and today I spent an hour doing a mission then got stuck on a wall and couldn't move anywhere. I kept hearing on various gaming podcasts how buggy this game is, this is the first real game breaking bug I hit. I would be throughly pissed had I paid $60 for this game by itself.

Ok I'm really liking Sunset Overdrive, it's like Ratchet And Clank mixed with Bio-Dome, plus this digital copy came with exclusive DLC which includes another version of that record gun but with colored vinyl. The soundtrack is fucking dope too, if they're putting Scott Pilgrim on vinyl they should definitely do it for this game.

Assassin's Creed can eat a dick, I have no idea what the hell is going on and today I spent an hour doing a mission then got stuck on a wall and couldn't move anywhere. I kept hearing on various gaming podcasts how buggy this game is, this is the first real game breaking bug I hit. I would be throughly pissed had I paid $60 for this game by itself.

All of this

I would really like to play Sunset Overdrive to me it looks like a cross between Ratchet & Clank and the Jet Set Radio series. It looks really fun. Actually a lot of the footage from it I've seen looks like it borrows a lot from the Jet Set Radio series

you can play it free this weekend