Suburban Home records - 27% off

who is Virgil? is there a thread that explains this situation as i am confused. 

He was a guy who overextended himself in his business endeavors and people lost some money because of it.  It was a shitty situation, but despite what may be said, he wasn't a con artist of Bernie Madoff proportions or anything.

He was a guy who overextended himself in his business endeavors and people lost some money because of it.  It was a shitty situation, but despite what may be said, he wasn't a con artist of Bernie Madoff proportions or anything.

He was playing in a much smaller ball field, but I don't think to this day he's made up for it. There's still a lot of people that he owes money to and he continues to bullshit people and make promises that he doesn't follow through on.

He was playing in a much smaller ball field, but I don't think to this day he's made up for it. There's still a lot of people that he owes money to and he continues to bullshit people and make promises that he doesn't follow through on.

I was unpopular in my  criticism of the Co-op and now, ironically, I'm taking the unpopular stance of defending Virgil.  I don't think he set out to screw people over, he was just shortsighted in offering things that were not sustainable. As someone who has owned a business, I understand how the fungibility of money turns into borrowing Peter to pay Paul which works until there's a hiccup in the cash flow at which point it all falls apart.  This is why it's a bad idea to turn your customers into investors.  It's very much akin to shitting where you eat.  And while it doesn't feel any different to those people who lost money as someone who just set out to grab as much cash as they could before cutting bait and moving to a small island in the Caribbean, it is. 

I was unpopular in my  criticism of the Co-op and now, ironically, I'm taking the unpopular stance of defending Virgil.  I don't think he set out to screw people over, he was just shortsighted in offering things that were not sustainable. As someone who has owned a business, I understand how the fungibility of money turns into borrowing Peter to pay Paul which works until there's a hiccup in the cash flow at which point it all falls apart.  This is why it's a bad idea to turn your customers into investors.  It's very much akin to shitting where you eat.  And while it doesn't feel any different to those people who lost money as someone who just set out to grab as much cash as they could before cutting bait and moving to a small island in the Caribbean, it is. 

Except that Virgil hasn't cut bait and moved to the Caribbean. He sold off the VC website but he's still selling records through his store and ebay and promising new records to people - and it's not like he's selling these records and slowly paying people back. No one should support this guy.

Except that Virgil hasn't cut bait and moved to the Caribbean. He sold off the VC website but he's still selling records through his store and ebay and promising new records to people - and it's not like he's selling these records and slowly paying people back. No one should support this guy.

Are you 100% sure that he hasn't made payments to anyone?  Did he sell the Vinyl Collective messageboard to Shop Cast Radio?  I assumed they just took it over for him.

Are you 100% sure that he hasn't made payments to anyone?  Did he sell the Vinyl Collective messageboard to Shop Cast Radio?  I assumed they just took it over for him.

We assumed he sold the site. Can't be sure. Will never be public knowledge. But it's not like he gifted his account to Juan (the main moderator at the time). It went to a distro business. At least it didn't end the site though. When he was really getting trashed on here he did threaten to just nuke this place.

And Mike T got paid a couple months ago if there's anyone else he still owes a Co-Op refund to. He's not coming out publicly and saying that he's giving refunds but if you are owed and you ask, there is a chance.