Cheap sports jerseys buying

The red one looks painfully fake.

Just going to toss this out there (and I'm sure it will be an unpopular opinion).  Why would you not want to support your teams by buying official merchandise?  The trickle down from buying official merchandise is probably on a much larger scale than you think.  Personally I would not want to be seen in something that looks fake (sort of makes you look cheap don't you think?)

That's just me though.  Support the team that I enjoy watching, and don't try to say "oh they already make millions from ticket sales" blah blah blah.  That's a cop-out defense.

This is definitely not the same as supporting a band or supporting a label when buying a record.  No one really wants to spend tons of money on a jersey they just do because they want the official one or they don't know of any other options.

I'm lucky that my baseball team has insanely cheap tickets, but the merch is expensive. I paid $35 for a fucking t-shirt the last time I was there. I wanted another one, but that would have been $70. I go to games and buy the occasional shirt, but I'm not buying a jersey from them at the high prices that are usually charged.

in regards to basketball..what's the difference between a "knock-off" that is almost identical in material and appearance vs. an officially licensed jersey that is literally nothing more than a mesh tank top with screen printed numbers on it?

half the jerseys out there don't look a damn thing like what's worn by the pros. as long as it has the right name on the back, i'm happy.

in regards to basketball..what's the difference between a "knock-off" that is almost identical in material and appearance vs. an officially licensed jersey that is literally nothing more than a mesh tank top with screen printed numbers on it?

half the jerseys out there don't look a damn thing like what's worn by the pros. as long as it has the right name on the back, i'm happy.

This is definitely not the same as supporting a band or supporting a label when buying a record.  No one really wants to spend tons of money on a jersey they just do because they want the official one or they don't know of any other options.

I would spend the money on an official jersey any day of the week rather than drop $30 on a knock off (that looks like a knock off).  Maybe that's just me.  Too each their own.

I look at it like this:

MLB wants $250 for the jersey I want, and almost certainly has them manufactured in third world countries.  If I can buy the same jersey, or close to it, from the same third world country without having some multi-billion industry profit further from exploiting international labor, better fucking believe it that i'll buy the knock off straight from the third world country.

just got it, came express mail yesterday while I was still at work, left a slip, so I went and picked it up at the post office today.  very happy with how it looks, working on uploading pictures right now, but this is the jersey on mlb.com for $290 that I bought... you tell me if what I got looks any different?

pMLB2-15797201_alternate1_dt.jpg

Ryan Braun, 1913 turn back the clock to the negro league, the only questionable part on the jersey is the M patch on the chest, it just seems sorta cheap, but the jersey itself is incredibly comfortable to the touch. this is an exact cut/paste from MLB/com shop./..

Product Description & Features
  • by Majestic Athletic

The classic Authentic On-Field jersey is designed with all the rigors of on-field use in mind. When you wear this jersey, you can trust that you are wearing the same design worn by the pros. From the durable double-knit fabric and authentic MLB decoration down to the detail of the authentic locker tag, you are wearing the original.
  • Front authentic decoration
  • MLB Authentic Collection woven locker tag
  • Sleeve patches (where applicable) and embroidery
  • Center back neck MLB silhouetted batter patch
  • 100% polyester double-knit
  • Made in the USA
  • Authentic full back player twill decoration

Country Of Origin: China

I hate the notion that buying a fake jersey makes you less of a fan. I'm sure Woody Johnson and the Jets lose sleep with every fake jersey sold after they charge tens of thousands of dollars for PSLs and a decent ticket costs hundreds of dollars. Also, caring about how cheap you look with a knock-off jersey is the kind of mentality a high school student has. Maybe if the "real" jersey was made in America the price would be somewhat justifiable, but I'm sure they're made in the same sweat shops.

I just found that description to be sorta funny.  made in America, but its FROM China.  so the pieces are all made in china, but its assembled in America?  okay, that DOESNT change the fact that the MLB.com shop is exploiting third world labor, so fuck them, i'll just give the chinese the full amount and give a big ol' middle one to the MLB shop

I hate the notion that buying a fake jersey makes you less of a fan. I'm sure Woody Johnson and the Jets lose sleep with every fake jersey sold after they charge tens of thousands of dollars for PSLs and a decent ticket costs hundreds of dollars. Also, caring about how cheap you look with a knock-off jersey is the kind of mentality a high school student has. Maybe if the "real" jersey was made in America the price would be somewhat justifiable, but I'm sure they're made in the same sweat shops.

quoting this, because no one can see my support when i just 'like' it.

My buddys family had the 15th pair of Giants season tickets ever sold. When the new stadium was made and they juiced up the PSL prices they had to give them up. So shitty.

My buddys, family had the 15th pair of Giants season tickets ever sold. When the new stadium was made and they juiced up the PSL prices they had to give them up. So shitty.

Yeah, it's so messed up. Both teams lost a lot of good will with that move. I felt pretty bad for the long time season ticket holders who couldn't afford to take that kind of financial hit.

Taking pride in your appearance is a high school mentality?