PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

Nope, this is a new one. That is 5 songs total that have been released. The singles are also on Spotify if you prefer that method of listening.

That's about the time of Good Mourning.  In your opinion, should they have quit before or after that album?

Depends how high of a note they wanted to go out on. I think they probably should have quit after Crimson (this is around when shit started to get unacceptable). Going out on From Here to Infirmary probably would have been rad, but they still had some more left in 'em. And Good Mourning definitely has its jams too, but the first inklings started to appear on the wall. 

In sum, I'd say 2005 (post-Crimson release) should have been the latest that they packed it in. 

Can't believe people like this more than This Addiction. Is this even Alkaline Trio? 

*Based only on the five songs I heard*

What the hell are you talking about?

I felt that all of the songs were solid minus some of the overly cheesey lyrics which there have been plenty of on the previous two albums. The songs sounded like the alkaline trio i imagine then the songs off this addiction. If people were saying they liked these songs more than maybe I'll catch fire and they hadn't heard the last few albums then I would agree with you.

I felt that all of the songs were solid minus some of the overly cheesey lyrics which there have been plenty of on the previous two albums. The songs sounded like the alkaline trio i imagine then the songs off this addiction. If people were saying they liked these songs more than maybe I'll catch fire and they hadn't heard the last few albums then I would agree with you.

mostly this.  this addiction seems like the most "non alkaline trio" album to me.  so far, I'm enjoying this one, but maybe that will change after the second listen through

that was a really boring album. 

This this this this this.

I'd rather have Alkaline Trio try and fail, ending up with a bad album (Crimson) than just cruise through 12 more songs that sound like a lot of other Alkaline Trio songs (this album). Dan's songs are pretty solid, but the whole second half of the record is just one big blur of Matt Skiba stealing from himself.

This this this this this.

I'd rather have Alkaline Trio try and fail, ending up with a bad album (Crimson) than just cruise through 12 more songs that sound like a lot of other Alkaline Trio songs (this album). Dan's songs are pretty boring too, but the whole second half of the record is just one big blur of Matt Skiba stealing from himself.

Pretty close to my take as well except the one part I fixed.

I listened to the album three times all the way through and I am really loving it!  Dan's songs are different musically, but they still have the great lyrics I was expecting.  Young Lovers starts like it could fit right on his solo album.  Only Love is my favorite of his this time around.  Matt stepped up his game. Torture Doctor is a strong song that has its place on the album.  My favorite song on the album right now is She Lied to the FBI, just a fun catchy song. Followed by the slightly more serious Kiss you to Death.  The closing song is killer.  Warhol seems out of place on the album, so does I, Pessimist for that matter.

Overall, there are some familiar riffs and themes. I understand those that just say it is recycled, but it is a fun album that I am going to really enjoy this a lot.

I will be keeping this playing in my car for a while.