Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty

Guest deathbydrums

the clear /1000 is just an educated guess, but I know that the Native releases were all /1000 and I think SH followed suit with Chelsea.  It was different with Memorial because that's a band that has a lot of fans that care about having all the variants and what not.  

regardless - knowing how buzzy this album was in LA and in other places and that it's been out since September makes me think that clear was /1000 since it's still available.  

Yeah, I think you're right... that clear is /1,000 in all likelihood.  Just checked and realized that it is indeed still in stock.  Such a random repress, though I'm hardly complaining.

They could just be really low on the clear and wanted to have a repress available before it went ran out, who knows.  The red looks really good and compliments the artwork really well, I dig it.

Was decided on the clear but now they came out with this. Love it.

That Marriages transparent orange they came out with a bit ago is also mint.

Now all they need to do is get out a translucent teal All Hail Bright Futures and they would have coloured vinyl matching the covers dialed in.

• 1 month later...

Anyone see the video for Feral Love yet?

Pretty awesome.  This is the best part, though;

"Chelsea Wolfe has shared the intense, unsettling video for her Pain Is Beauty track "Feral Love". It's an excerpt from the film Lone, which was co-written by Wolfe and directed by Mark Pellington, the director of Pearl Jam's iconic "Jeremy" video and clips for Michael Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, U2, and others, plus the films Arlington Road, The Mothman Prophecies, and more. It's due out later this year, both as a stream and on custom-designed USB drives. The hour-long film's dialogue consists solely of lyrics from Pain Is Beauty.  Pre-order here.

Here's a quote from Pellington:

“Chelsea Wolfe’s voice and lyrics narrate this voyeuristic look into the abstract, cathartic subconscious. Lone is a sight and sound exploration into the themes of nature, sexuality, memory, mortality, forgiveness, love, innocence, fragility, violence and beauty.”

To the fellow Wolfe fanatics out there; Sargent House has confirmed that the USBs aren't up for order yet, but will be later this week.  No idea on the price or quantity released - and I'm not even sure I'll grab one, personally - but I'm really intrigued to see what this custom design may look like.

Anyone see the video for Feral Love yet?

Pretty awesome.  This is the best part, though;

"Chelsea Wolfe has shared the intense, unsettling video for her Pain Is Beauty track "Feral Love". It's an excerpt from the film Lone, which was co-written by Wolfe and directed by Mark Pellington, the director of Pearl Jam's iconic "Jeremy" video and clips for Michael Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, U2, and others, plus the films Arlington Road, The Mothman Prophecies, and more. It's due out later this year, both as a stream and on custom-designed USB drives. The hour-long film's dialogue consists solely of lyrics from Pain Is Beauty.  Pre-order here.

Here's a quote from Pellington:

“Chelsea Wolfe’s voice and lyrics narrate this voyeuristic look into the abstract, cathartic subconscious. Lone is a sight and sound exploration into the themes of nature, sexuality, memory, mortality, forgiveness, love, innocence, fragility, violence and beauty.”

To the fellow Wolfe fanatics out there; Sargent House has confirmed that the USBs aren't up for order yet, but will be later this week.  No idea on the price or quantity released - and I'm not even sure I'll grab one, personally - but I'm really intrigued to see what this custom design may look like.

Intrigued.

I usually don't read press releases and completely missed the information about the USB stick initially.  Glad you mentioned it.  Not sure if it's something I would pick up, but it's an interesting idea.  I'll probably watch the stream if it's reasonably priced.

I seldom read the text attached to "news" of this nature, but I try to at least glance it over.  And for whatever reason my eye jumped straight to "USB", and I had to read the context that it was used in.  I think it's a pretty cool concept, and I definitely plan on watching the stream, one way or another.  Apparently the Feral Love video is a sort of mash-up of scenes and characters from the film.  I really dig the atmosphere and quality of it, so I'm expecting great things from the full length.

• 2 months later...