Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty

Guest deathbydrums

• 3 weeks later...

Any info on pressing quantity yet? I have a black and a clear.

I doubt we'll see any.  As far as I can tell, Sargent House will either give pressing information when the item is available for preorder (Russian Circles - Memorial is a current example of that) or they won't release any info (Russian Circles - Geneva has three variants, no pressing info).

I know for the Native album all three variants were /1000 - I can try to find out the pressing #'s for this later today.

Do you have connections to find out Russian Circles Geneva and Empros, too?

Yeah, Drew. Wrk yr mgic.

Awesome. This info will determine how soon I need to order the clear :)

Any info on pressing quantity yet? I have a black and a clear.

I doubt we'll see any.  As far as I can tell, Sargent House will either give pressing information when the item is available for preorder (Russian Circles - Memorial is a current example of that) or they won't release any info (Russian Circles - Geneva has three variants, no pressing info).

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see her Monday and it was pretty good. The opening bands, Kreachur(Sp?) and True Widow really sucked the life out of me. I was thinking I might like True Widow, but they were boring. By the time Chelsea came on I was beat and not looking forward to waking up the next morning for work. I hope to see her again and not on a weeknight.

At the merch table they had the shirts on the website and both Pain and Unknown on vinyl. They also had a cool screenprinted poster that was used for the Portland, Seattle, and SF shows. I will post a pic when I can.

@lexicondevil - man, True Widow is one of my favorites. Give their records a chance - especially "AS high AS the Highest Heavens..." thats the fucking jam. Unless you have heard the albums, I can see how it would be hard to be into them live though.

I bought that poster too but our house cleaners mangled it!

@lexicondevil - man, True Widow is one of my favorites. Give their records a chance - especially "AS high AS the Highest Heavens..." thats the fucking jam. Unless you have heard the albums, I can see how it would be hard to be into them live though.

I bought that poster too but our house cleaners mangled it!

I may give them a shot in the future. It was okay, but just went on way too long. I really hated that other band, though.

Thanks for the reminder, we have cleaning ladies coming tomorrow and I better pack my poster away!

• 2 months later...

so now we've got a 1000 of these 2nd press reds, RC has 1000 2nd press blues, Emma Ruth has a solo album out early 2014, and probably Marriages as well, Helms Alee in Feb 2014 ....trying to not get slain on shipping in 2014.

I'm going to wait on the Chelsea, since not completist on her stuff, but RC will get my money eventually.

I think it'd be really cool if all SH releases followed a similar format -- first presses that contain a clear /500, and then a second press on a more "colorful" option /1,000. Consistency is key, and it'd let the majority of people have a chance to own a fancier variant after the initial ones(s) sell(s) out.