Pearl Jam - 9/19/98 Washington DC (3x180gLP) TEN CLUB EXCLUSIVE

You're not going to get it with an older vault show. They all will most likely be incomplete. They recorded them with tape back in the day and usually had to change the machine.

They must have really sucked at recording then because there are tons of complete Grateful Dead shows from as early as the 1960s

I'm in the Ten Club and didn't get the notification email about this...wtf

It was in the June newsletter, it wasn't an e-mail solely about this. Also, you might want to make sure you have your account set up to send you e-mails. Mine magically turned off somehow years ago and I had to go in and turn it back on. 

I think Tim Bierman said on those PJ20 XM shows that recording shows wasn't a priority because it was never someone's full time focus until 2000. Before then it was only if they got around to it/had the time.

I think it's a shame that all bands dont record every second of their live concerts for archival purposes.  Especially these days with how cheap memory is and such.

I think it's the ex-wife theory. I remember reading Guitar World and they'd talk about how they tape every show. This was 94 or 95. The crowd chanting his ex-wife's name and the song being cut? hmmmm

but hell yeah i preordered. Buy it now or pay $80 in a few years.

Just $80....?

Also what was the name they would chant. I am a newer fan (2006 era) and had no idea they used to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

The benaroya box is a different story. that was limited to 2000, was 1 per member only, and went on sale at 12pm PST. This is made to order and available to members without an order limit, and non-members after today for a short window, and has been available for a few weeks. Will this be worth more than the $50 people are paying now? yes. Will it be a few hundred dollars later? more than likely but it's because PJ fan are a rabid bunch who pay way to much for their records. So I'm not sure how you can compare a record set that sells for over a grand to a record that might sell for $200 later

Man, that Benaroya box was a total clusterfuck.  I remember getting on the site when it was supposed to drop and the site immediately, and predictably, crashed.  I literally spent the next 12 hours refreshing to see if I could get one.  It's good if they are going to release stuff like this to give everyone ample opportunity to get one, especially if it's a one-off run.  10C has it's share of problems and stupid decisions, but this is a good one. 

Guest realtalk

The benaroya box is a different story. that was limited to 2000, was 1 per member only, and went on sale at 12pm PST. This is made to order and available to members without an order limit, and non-members after today for a short window, and has been available for a few weeks. Will this be worth more than the $50 people are paying now? yes. Will it be a few hundred dollars later? more than likely but it's because PJ fan are a rabid bunch who pay way to much for their records. So I'm not sure how you can compare a record set that sells for over a grand to a record that might sell for $200 later

This has a order limit of 1, no?

Guest realtalk

It doesn't state "limit one per person" but it won't allow you to add more than one to your cart.

That was my experience.