PO: Faith No More- Angel Dust

any US distros doing preorders for AOY yet?

As mentioned earlier in this thread. ETR is still doing a re-issue of this for north america early next year. We have been waiting for approval on the lyric's but at this point we will just move forward cause it has been a year of waiting and now MOV has their own pressing coming out  :angry:

As mentioned earlier in this thread. ETR is still doing a re-issue of this for north america early next year. We have been waiting for approval on the lyric's but at this point we will just move forward cause it has been a year of waiting and now MOV has their own pressing coming out  :angry:

Are you guys doing the usual ETR awesomeness for these (ie coin flips, multiple colors, bundle exclusives)

I for one would rather get them from you than some company who charges up the wazoo and has issues like the skip complained about earlier.

Which albums are you pressing?

I would like to own them all, personally... Introduce Yourself is one of my favorites, but NEED AOTY and KFAD.

It would be cool for a b-sides/singles collection too... just my two cents.

My blue copy also has that small wobble on Everything's Ruined. Honestly, though, it's not a big enough deal to me to request a new disc. I might not even have noticed it if I hadn't have seen this thread (I probably would have :)).   The rest of the records sound fantastic (I think I prefer this to the MOFI version I already have). 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my replacement record today. Just a single record pressed with a new stamper on a light blue translucent vinyl. MOV are boss.

Yesterday I got a copy of the A/B record in the mail as well. Still had no chance to play it.

They also sent me a few 'coasters' that look like they are made from the label area from the mispressed records (???).

Will post pictures later tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a picture of the original mispressed A/B record next to the repress A/B record. Note the different shade of blue.ad%20repress.png

These aren't superimposed so they appear next to each other, they were laid side by side for the photograph.

Long time lurker - first time poster.

Received my repress today (along with a copy of Fleetwood Mac - Pious Bird - guess they have run out of coasters) and it's pressed on the same shade of blue as the original. I was worried but have played it and it's definately the repress.

For those of you who got represses, did you have to send the original A/B side back?  I emailed MOV about the issue and they said that I would need to pay to ship the A/B side back to them and then they would "do something to make up for the shipping" (their words, not mine).  Is this standard?

That's what they said to me.

I think originally they sent out copies without insisting that people return their originals (correct me someone if I'm wrong) but I waited a while before sending mine back and I think they changed the process.

Postage back was less than £5 from the UK, I didn't send it recorded just got proof of delivery. Received the replacement 11 days later and to compensate they enclosed a copy of Fleetwood Mac - The Pious Bird of Good Omen which is quite random but generous! I think originally they sent out some kind of coasters made from the mispresses but am not 100% sure. If anyone could supply photos I'd be keen on seeing them.

Long time lurker - first time poster.

Received my repress today (along with a copy of Fleetwood Mac - Pious Bird - guess they have run out of coasters) and it's pressed on the same shade of blue as the original. I was worried but have played it and it's definately the repress.

It looks like the original replacement records were on the lighter shade. 

the real thing has been repressed.. ltd to 2500 on green splatter. released next month

will be available on amazon in october

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECK222I

Can someone confirm that this is a single LP pressing, omitting "War Pigs"? I saw a tracklisting and price + no Sabbath cover = Deal breaker for me.

Can someone confirm that this is a single LP pressing, omitting "War Pigs"? I saw a tracklisting and price + no Sabbath cover = Deal breaker for me.

When the real thing was released there was a conscious effort to promote CD over vinyl and as such the CD and cassette contained what were originally meant to be B-sides as bonus tracks to the album. The LP was released without these bonus tracks "War Pigs" and "Edge Of The World".

Afaict this reissue will ommit these two tracks too. Perhaps MOV are not unaware that the UK, Dutch and German pressings are all still widely available on the second hand market so this reissu's main selling point will presumably be surface noise and green-splatter vinyl to satiate the children. I really hope MOV start a return to form, beginning with the inclusion of what consider two o the better tracks from what is my least favourite FNM record.

I, too, would like both of those tracks on TRT, but it's looking as if it is a single platter; at least according to a couple of USA online shops with pre-orders up. Neither have tracklistings yet however.

I would be more than ok if they omitted war pigs and put cowboy song on

it would suck if edge of the world wasnt included.

I got my AOTY from Amazon today. Black. No gold for me :(

Happy to finally have this though!

If anyone is after the golden edition, then you may want to take a look at Discogs. Be sure to PM the seller to ensure it is definitely gold (says on the front cover sticker) before ordering:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=4822602&ev=rb

• 1 month later...