PO: O'Brother - Disillusion

Here's a track : http://www.theprp.com/2013/06/28/news/obrother-debut-stream-of-new-song-context/

I didn't really care for it, I hope it works better within the album.  I couldn't find a bigger picture of the cover art, but from what I see it looks like artwork for a bad mall metal album.

Artwork sucks compared to past artwork by Aaron.  He was pretty bummed he didn't get to do it this time around but his stuffs amazing and I'm sure he'll keep it up.  O'Brother makes albums, so I'm sure Context, sorry in advance for the pun, will fit better in the context of the album

Top 3 live set I've ever seen was the first time I saw these guys when they opened up with Deas Vail for The Dear Hunter on the Color Spectrum tour. Right before Garden Window was announced, mostly older stuff and my jaw dropped. Didn't listen to them much before that but never turned back after. Overall one of the best shows I've gone to as well.

Criminally Underrated, especially live. Saw them on a bill with La Dispute and Thrice and they blew me away. Will be picking this one up via preorder now.

Saw them on this tour and they totally rocked balls. But the one who blew me away that night was Moving Mountains, one of the most flawless sets I've ever seen. Rivaled Thrice's when they toured with Circa (who blew balls that night, thanks Anthony). If MovMou would of had 2 1/2 hours like Thrice did, it probably would have matched it. But I've seen O'Brother 3 times and every damn time they fucking make my insides shake and I love every damn minute of it. Can't wait to see them August 8th!

Artwork sucks compared to past artwork by Aaron.  He was pretty bummed he didn't get to do it this time around but his stuffs amazing and I'm sure he'll keep it up.  O'Brother makes albums, so I'm sure Context, sorry in advance for the pun, will fit better in the context of the album

Completely agree. Looking foward to hear the whole record, despite not being super crazy about context :)

Spoke to the guys when they played in Melb and asked how the album was sounding...they said its heavy as hell and a lot more production. Hoping there is still some 'post-rocky' stuff also.. I love the hell out of the EP for the quiet moments...Charitable thief is too good.

Ive personally learned to just trust in what these guys want to do, much in the way I entrusted Thrice in their incredible musical path. These dudes have always brought it pretty fuckin hard impo but, for them to say its hard makes my man panties wet. I have no doubt this is gonna be easy contender for my AOTY, but it also has MovMou's to contend with (which I have high hopes for). Either way I can't fuckin wait for this PO to actually start! :D