PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

They do have awful customer service. I bought a copy of this back I think around Christmas time when they had a discount code available. It was the opaque yellow variant and side b has what looks like a melted deformed spot on it (that spans about a track and a half). I tried to contact them multiple times with no response.

Recent Tweet from No Sleep

"We're told that the surface noise found on the 1st pressing of TTWTWM has been fixed for the 2nd press.FYI."

While I'm not defending No Sleep in any way, B&C tweeted this, not No Sleep.

No Sleep said "FYI: The repress of #TTWTWM from @balanceandcomp does NOT have the surface noise that is present on some of the first pressing"

Picked this up along with a copy of Wonder Years - Suburbia.  Just sold my pink HT variant at cost and was thinking about how much I wanted this if they pressed more copies... I literally made the sale today, so that is pretty awesome that I can replace it with a better sounding record on a pretty awesome variant (got the split).

Recent Tweet from No Sleep

"We're told that the surface noise found on the 1st pressing of TTWTWM has been fixed for the 2nd press.FYI."

Do they not listen to the product before the sell it?? Why would you not make triple sure that they all sound great? That should have been done with the first press. This blows my mind. Do they not listen to the test presses?

http://instagram.com/p/mGeh2AnCFh/

Yes, but with this...

Guest deleted

I almost made a comment about the quality of Chris' turntable numerous times... how can you run a label and not own a decent table?

Think it's the same turntable I have. Shame! : (

That said, its not so bad that you can't tell a crap pressing from a good one! : )

Guest deleted

I almost made a comment about the quality of Chris' turntable numerous times... how can you run a label and not own a decent table?

I don't wanna be a jerk, but it isn't the best table for doing proper quality control.

Just wondering, do you guys know the make and model of that turntable?

Guest deleted

it's the same sony i have. it's cheap, but it does its job.

There's a Denon model or two which looks (exactly?) the same as your Sony, which is why I was wondering.

Just wondering, do you guys know the make and model of that turntable?

Personally, I don't know, and I want to say I'm not knocking ANYONE that uses one of these for personal use. Sometimes that's all you can get, and they can sound perfectly fine, but...

For a record label that is testing records for any sort of sound discrepancy, he really should be using something better. People are probably knocking it based on the straight arm and no counter weight if I had to guess. It's the same as mastering a record through a pair of $5 headphones from walmart. You're honestly not going to hear a lot of things that a majority (I would say) of your target audience is going to hear.

For reference, I have an AT LP 120. I switched from the 60 almost a year ago, and there is definitely a sound difference. Most of the time for the good, sometimes for bad.

For a record label that is testing records for any sort of sound discrepancy, he really should be using something better. People are probably knocking it based on the straight arm and no counter weight if I had to guess. It's the same as mastering a record through a pair of $5 headphones from walmart. You're honestly not going to hear a lot of things that a majority (I would say) of your target audience is going to hear.

Agreed