The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

yes totally. im down, these are cool and can be really fun.

we did similar things in school but we had a time limit of 20 minutes to shoot, edit and share. it was fun, sometimes we came up with complete shit. 

we could do like Lightning challenges sometimes, like 24 hours or so to finish a shot! 

fun fun!

YES!! happy for ya dude, have fun with it. 

first time i shot with it, it was on back a media truck shooting a womens 5k race in boston. my forearms were on fire haha

Oh man I know what you mean!  I had to shoot this weird metal show at The Prudential Center (where the Devils play) and it was like 3 hours long + I used that lens pointing upward at the stage the entire time.  I wanted to die towards the end, haha.

Edit: I am totally up for 24 hour photo critiques!  Well, maybe not 24 hour because of work, etc, but maybe once a week?

Tess, what film do you usually use?

I have been toying with a ton of expired film I have stockpiled. This particular roll was actually an expired roll of Agfa 200. I'm in love with the natural cool tones. No editing needed! (Though I really need to buy a film scanner).

Thanks everyone for your feedback! It is seriously so encouraging.

I would totally be into doing a weekly assignment. Although.... No snow over here. Haha

Oh man I know what you mean!  I had to shoot this weird metal show at The Prudential Center (where the Devils play) and it was like 3 hours long + I used that lens pointing upward at the stage the entire time.  I wanted to die towards the end, haha.

Edit: I am totally up for 24 hour photo critiques!  Well, maybe not 24 hour because of work, etc, but maybe once a week?

haha upward is painful! i have it on my mk4, man its so heavy

yeah definitely one a week or something, start on a monday and post by friday? and maybe if we are around on the weekend we can do fast rounds of shooting. 

I have been toying with a ton of expired film I have stockpiled. This particular roll was actually an expired roll of Agfa 200. I'm in love with the natural cool tones. No editing needed! (Though I really need to buy a film scanner).

I'm digging on those colors too. Wonderful pictures!

I have a plethora of Kodak Elite Chrome somewhere. I was really into the contrast of cross processing for awhile. There's one (solo!) place in Dallas that still does E-6 so I'm going to start seeing how this film lives up processed the way it's supposed to be.

Even though I suck and it's just a hobby for me, you guys are insipiring me to play with my cameras again.  ^_^

I have a plethora of Kodak Elite Chrome somewhere. I was really into the contrast of cross processing for awhile. There's one (solo!) place in Dallas that still does E-6 so I'm going to start seeing how this film lives up processed the way it's supposed to be.

It really does, but it's super expensive to process now. :(

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/scanners/film_negative_scanners/canoscan_5600f I have that one and I can't recommend it enough. It gets great detail from the film and goes to 4800dpi

Is that a flatbed?  I've never liked those.  I always found much better results with the dedicated film scanners.  I did my senior thesis in college with a bolex w/ 16mm film.  I needed it digitized.  The Plustek was the only thing that would work and it was amazing.  I enlarged strips of 16mm film to be 4 feet high by about 1.5 feet wide.  It was awesome.

PLUSTEK!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/scanners/film_negative_scanners/canoscan_5600f I have that one and I can't recommend it enough. It gets great detail from the film and goes to 4800dpi

Totally! You nailed it. (EDIT: The Plustek) That is exactly the one that I have been looking at! I am just so poor right now.... I actually need to buy a new turntable first. Le sigh. So many wants, so little funds currently.

I'm digging on those colors too. Wonderful pictures!

Even though I suck and it's just a hobby for me, you guys are insipiring me to play with my cameras again.  ^_^

Thank you! And yes. You obv need to get back into it. Jussayin'.

Is that a flatbed?  I've never liked those.  I always found much better results with the dedicated film scanners.  I did my senior thesis in college with a bolex w/ 16mm film.  I needed it digitized.  The Plustek was the only thing that would work and it was amazing.  I enlarged strips of 16mm film to be 4 feet high by about 1.5 feet wide.  It was awesome.

Yeah its a flat bed with a dedicated part for film scanning. I've been using it for over a year and have found it much easier to use/better quality than the dedicated film scanners I had in HS/College

ok so...that past hour has been wicked weird for me. this could get long so

this dude calls me up for photos. i ignored it first because it was a Tennessee number. got a voicemail. it was very monotone and he just seemed annoyed that he was asking for photos, im pretty sure he even sighed when he repeated his number.

so i call him back, straight to his voicemail. so i texted him saying, i can also be reached at my email

got a text back, asking how much for this and that. i replied with a price and asked him exactly what he wanted. he wanted some photos for social media sites. cool, whatever.

then he called me again and asked how long this will take, because its gonna get dark soon. he wanted them tonight?! it was 4:10 when he asked me that and he's 30minutes away from me, sun sets before 5 here in NH. he then asked me if the shots would come out good in the dark?...no they won't. he really wanted these to be done tonight, so he asked me to meet him in portsmouth tonight and take some shot around town, cool thats fine. but because i knew he need them tonight, i wanted to make sure that he knew that i would have to go home, edit and email them to him. i wasnt gonna give him my cf card. then he asks me to use his cellphone for photos. after he said that i was ok cool i can do that. after awhile of talking about how natural light would be the best and not to use flash in middle of rush hour downtown, he said lets do this tomorrow at 1130am. and he gave me an address to meet him at. its a damn hospital. wtf. 

and then, i got off the phone and went onto my instagram and there was a photo of my business card that was posted by me, but i didnt post it! i wouldnt post that. not on my record account. it happened when i was on the phone with him. just weird. so i asked my buddy to hang out with me tomorrow.

this dude calls me up for photos. i ignored it first because it was a Tennessee number. got a voicemail. it was very monotone and he just seemed annoyed that he was asking for photos, im pretty sure he even sighed when he repeated his number.

so i call him back, straight to his voicemail. so i texted him saying, i can also be reached at my email

got a text back, asking how much for this and that. i replied with a price and asked him exactly what he wanted. he wanted some photos for social media sites. cool, whatever.

then he called me again and asked how long this will take, because its gonna get dark soon. he wanted them tonight?! it was 4:10 when he asked me that and he's 30minutes away from me, sun sets before 5 here in NH. he then asked me if the shots would come out good in the dark?...no they won't. he really wanted these to be done tonight, so he asked me to meet him in portsmouth tonight and take some shot around town, cool thats fine. but because i knew he need them tonight, i wanted to make sure that he knew that i would have to go home, edit and email them to him. i wasnt gonna give him my cf card. then he asks me to use his cellphone for photos. after he said that i was ok cool i can do that. after awhile of talking about how natural light would be the best and not to use flash in middle of rush hour downtown, he said lets do this tomorrow at 1130am. and he gave me an address to meet him at. its a damn hospital. wtf.

and then, i got off the phone and went onto my instagram and there was a photo of my business card that was posted by me, but i didnt post it! i wouldnt post that. not on my record account. it happened when i was on the phone with him. just weird. so i asked my buddy to hang out with me tomorrow.

That sounds sketchy as hell. Don't do it.

whoa. that's....really bizarre.

(i love your business cards, btw)