The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

Someone should teach me how to use my camera. I have a Nikon D3200 (since Allison always talked up Nikon so much) with the 8-55mm VR and 55-200mm lenses.. and it has never left "Auto"

YES. ALL THE NIKON 4EVER.

get that camera in M mode! or at least P! at least!

YES. ALL THE NIKON 4EVER.

get that camera in M mode! or at least P! at least!

yes, get in M. get full control of your camera!

what i always tell people is to remember that there 3 things that determine exposure

-shutter speed

-ISO

-aperture 

there are a ton of little rules that you can follow and have easy shooting during the day. sunny, cloudy or night time. 

i know theres a lot here but its informative, and will get you used too playing with the controls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_16_rule

i had a whole thing typed up, but i dunno what happened :(

when i went to Guatemala, i knew i wanted to be around the street children there. so i looked into it before i went down. i worked with a organization called the gods child project. they work entirely off of donations and volunteers from around the world. they help build houses for the homeless up in the hills and provide a drug and alcohol rehab clinic, as well as a children's hospital and schooling for all ages. they showed me plenty of homeless / parentless children. but i branched off and they showed me this family. they worked in a local dump and hardly a house. the conditions of dump were unbearable. the oldest (11) was prostituted by her own mother. this was a common thing. i wont go into much detail, you can read my write up here. if you really are interested, please read it. also there are also more photos. but in the end i showed the god childs project my photos and they ended up taking the family in and building them a house and giving them proper schooling. the projects president sent me photos of the girls with school uniforms on, backpacks and smiling, it was an awesome feeling. but underneath all this poverty was some of the strongest bonds ive ever seen. the tiniest things would make them happy. finding a broken toy in the garbage or some fingernail polish. 

mercedes (7) 

this_is_mercedes_by_henster311-d1yzm8l.j

carmen (10)

This_is_Carmen_by_henster311.jpg

claudia (11)

This_is_Claudia_by_henster311.jpg

the trash would catch fire because the chemicals and heat

Angels_of_The_Dump_3_by_henster311.jpg

trucks would pull up and dump trash out. the girls would push it over the ledge. looking for anything they can salvage

Angels_of_The_Dump_by_henster311.jpg

Angels_of_The_Dump_2_by_henster311.jpg

i also put together this video for my school project, it was optional, but my teacher really pushed me to have it done and show it during my final review, video wise its a little rough, but these girls changed my life and they mean so much to me. 

My girlfriend does some beautiful event photography, among other stuff, she's only been at it for a couple years but a wedding she shot was posted in a couple blogs! Here's some of her work:

by the way she's only 16! I think she's got a wonderful career ahead of her

tumblr_inline_mvpxwqunc41rwezy5.jpg

tumblr_mjo7zeyJpm1rgragpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myn2hjzTHg1rgragpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzfbcjgVQO1rgragpo3_1280.jpg

any nikon shooters?

i dont even know where i got this from but its for sale. not looking to make bank, would be cool to just help someone out. they stopped making the EX's i believe.

Sigma EX DC HSM 30mm 1.4  - $250 *msg me and maybe we can work something out

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381616-REG/Sigma_300306_30mm_f_1_4_EX_DC.html

front and back elements are clean, aperture opens and closes smoothly, a few light scuffs to the body, no lens hood.

i can take pictures of it, if you'd like

Why have I never searched for a photography thread?!

I've been taking pics on shows for 5 years or so now. Pro? Far from... but I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Usually I post them on a German webzine called stageload and later on in my blog: http://xhighfivesx.blogspot.com.

Last week I was lucky to shoot Being As An Ocean, Hundredth, Counterparts and Polar:

1959347_606691752743135_1033094705_n.jpg