The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

whoa. that's....really bizarre.

(i love your business cards, btw)

I love your business cards, too, Tayler!  But yeah that story is way weird... I don't like it.

thanks guys! i was really happy on how they turned out. he did an awesome job. his prices could be a little high at times, but he's always running a deal, so catching one of those would be awesome, and his work is solid!  but its just him and nice to support the little guy. we all know this as artists haha. he will also work on a design for you if you don't have one.

Where can I see this card?

Tess, your photos are sweet.

tumblr_n0giduoYaM1rkchg7o1_500.jpg

the first 2 images are some of his cards to show the detail of the letterpress. the mis-register of the green was done on purpose too, looks cool with letterpress. 

his instagram is http://instagram.com/noahrandumb

Where can I see this card?

Tess, your photos are sweet.

Thank you! It feels good to shoot again. Getting another roll developed today. Random shoot including horse mask. I don't even know. Haha

thanks guys! i was really happy on how they turned out. he did an awesome job. his prices could be a little high at times, but he's always running a deal, so catching one of those would be awesome, and his work is solid!  but its just him and nice to support the little guy. we all know this as artists haha. he will also work on a design for you if you don't have one.

tumblr_n0giduoYaM1rkchg7o1_500.jpg

the first 2 images are some of his cards to show the detail of the letterpress. the mis-register of the green was done on purpose too, looks cool with letterpress. 

his instagram is http://instagram.com/noahrandumb

Your business cards are freaking Badass.

Never getting over that you spell your name Tayler. 

The only other Tayler I know, is one of the most important humans in my life. 

Very rare spelling, but very awesome spelling.

when i was little (talking like pre-k and early elementary) i used to get upset when people spelt it wrong, but other than that i liked my name. and i was never made fun of for having a girls name. people still spell it wrong all the time haha, but the ER is cool.

im not friends with any taylors, i know a few and they are all female. is your Tayler female?

She is female!

My name is Logan Taylor and everyone thinks I'm a boy :(

i think a boy when i hear logan, but i also have a good friend and his name is logan. it all depends. im pretty sure everyone  talk too via text or email think im a girl, i can totally tell when i meet them in person. 

i think a boy when i hear logan, but i also have a good friend and his name is logan. it all depends. im pretty sure everyone  talk too via text or email think im a girl, i can totally tell when i meet them in person. 

Oh goodness! The best reaction is when you meet someone in person and they have previously assumed you were the opposite gender.

ok so update on my weird fucking photo job.

the guy wanted to meet at the hospital downtown at 1130 this morning. so this morning i text him with an address to my buddy's office building, so my friend could watch me from parking lot, security reasons. the location was nice, right on the water, nice clean backgrounds and pretty much in the heart of downtown. he texts back saying "thinking...."

about 15 mins later, replies again saying "Target just quoted me $69.99 for 12 shot with $10 sitting fee, that includes a CD, so $79.99, can you match that?"

haha, fuck off man. hope your high school photos come out awesome. i personally would choose the bookcase background. make sure to grab that free comb too

like, youre gonna ask me to shoot professional photos with a quote from fuckin target?! 

any time i see that darn horse mask (is that the only horse mask in the world?! i see it everywhere!) i am reminded of one of my unfinished projects. i made a giant paper mache giraffe mask from scratch and was working on a series of photos of people wearing it doing every day things.

http://www.allisonefrankphoto.com/index.php?/projects/project-giraffe/

ok so update on my weird fucking photo job.

the guy wanted to meet at the hospital downtown at 1130 this morning. so this morning i text him with an address to my buddy's office building, so my friend could watch me from parking lot, security reasons. the location was nice, right on the water, nice clean backgrounds and pretty much in the heart of downtown. he texts back saying "thinking...."

about 15 mins later, replies again saying "Target just quoted me $69.99 for 12 shot with $10 sitting fee, that includes a CD, so $79.99, can you match that?"

haha, fuck off man. hope your high school photos come out awesome. i personally would choose the bookcase background. make sure to grab that free comb too

like, youre gonna ask me to shoot professional photos with a quote from fuckin target?! 

you are wayyyyy nicer than i am, haha. i wouldn't have even dealt with someone like that at all.

So.... I did a recent shoot with another VC member. He is actually the one who introduced me to VC, since he has been a member for a while....

I'll give you a hint.... He has over 1000 posts. haha

Any guesses?

12474747613_f585270742_z.jpg

12474748333_0a93ac0222_z.jpg

12475074284_52b501e7ef_z.jpg

12474596395_9626a1dc3e_z.jpg

12474596725_a29bf898f3_z.jpg

12474597775_f10b02ce98_z.jpg

I really love the tones in these images.  It's a little magenta in the shadows (mainly his hands in the last photo), but it works.

I am such a stickler for this, but the only thing I would've done differently is position him so the lines of the doorways weren't going through his beautiful horsey head.  The diptych of him jumping snuggles him perfectly in the garage doorway behind him and that pleases me.

I really love the tones in these images. It's a little magenta in the shadows (mainly his hands in the last photo), but it works.

I am such a stickler for this, but the only thing I would've done differently is position him so the lines of the doorways weren't going through his beautiful horsey head. The diptych of him jumping snuggles him perfectly in the garage doorway behind him and that pleases me.

I totally agree. Especially that last pic. But when I shoot film, I usually let it just do it's thing. These are all totally untouched. Definitely noted though.

Absolutely. I was kind of intentionally breaking the framing to make it "awkward" because the head was so big and he is quite tall. But looking back I think I would have pulled him out a bit further for perfect framing.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

any time i see that darn horse mask (is that the only horse mask in the world?! i see it everywhere!) i am reminded of one of my unfinished projects. i made a giant paper mache giraffe mask from scratch and was working on a series of photos of people wearing it doing every day things.

http://www.allisonefrankphoto.com/index.php?/projects/project-giraffe/

You should keep doing this. <3

And that mask is awesome.