Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

I've stopped going to them in the theaters. Holding out hope that Sony will sell it back to Marvel.

I'm praying this Sinister Six movie BOMBS!!

If this happens I could see Sony selling back to Marvel and then Spidey can finally be in The Avengers.

Also can someone explain to me the point of The Sinister Six movie? It seems like just a movie about villains coming together but for what? (Sorry, I never read the comics)

Mmmm....No. Very good, but best? C'mon! I think you're forgetting about a little thing called Star Wars original trilogy...

I upvote the first part of your post, but dont agree with Star Wars being the best or a better trilogy. I prefer the Evil Dead trilogy and the Trilogy of the Dead. That isnt even bringing in Godfather Trilogy and Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I upvote the first part of your post, but dont agree with Star Wars being the best or a better trilogy. I prefer the Evil Dead trilogy and the Trilogy of the Dead. That isnt even bringing in Godfather Trilogy and Lord of the Rings trilogy.

But aren't Evil Dead 1 and 2 pretty much the same movie? LOtR is pretty sweet though, aaaand....unfortunately I've never watched the Godfather trilogy.  :unsure:

If this happens I could see Sony selling back to Marvel and then Spidey can finally be in The Avengers.

Also can someone explain to me the point of The Sinister Six movie? It seems like just a movie about villains coming together but for what? (Sorry, I never read the comics)

They came together to defeat Spidey but this movie seems to be pointing to them coming together to fight Venom. Idk about it so far.

Sony is losing buckets of money on the movie side while the profits of the Spidey series is decreasing. They just pushed back ASM3 to make room for a Venom movie after the S6 movie.

They came together to defeat Spidey but this movie seems to be pointing to them coming together to fight Venom. Idk about it so far.

Sony is losing buckets of money on the movie side while the profits of the Spidey series is decreasing. They just pushed back ASM3 to make room for a Venom movie after the S6 movie.

Now once again I haven't read the comics but I always assumed Venom was a villain so do you mean TS6 are villians that turn good then fight other villains? I am sorta lost on the whole villain team thing

Jedi was ok at best haha

Well, yeah, Jedi is definitely the weak point in the original trilogy. (insert Clerks clip.)  I'm a big Star Wars fanboy though. Empire is probably my favorite movie of all time. ANH is pretty awesome too.  I actually still haven't seen the third in the Dark Knight trilogy. Don't know what's holding me up.

Now once again I haven't read the comics but I always assumed Venom was a villain so do you mean TS6 are villians that turn good then fight other villains? I am sorta lost on the whole villain team thing

No they are teaming up to beat Spidey, which is why I don't get where the movie is going.

1st 2 Sam Rami ones were good, but man the last three ones have been so shitty. 

But aren't Evil Dead 1 and 2 pretty much the same movie? LOtR is pretty sweet though, aaaand....unfortunately I've never watched the Godfather trilogy.  :unsure:

Well, yeah, Jedi is definitely the weak point in the original trilogy. (insert Clerks clip.)  I'm a big Star Wars fanboy though. Empire is probably my favorite movie of all time. ANH is pretty awesome too.  I actually still haven't seen the third in the Dark Knight trilogy. Don't know what's holding me up.

Man, this thread is turning into Clerks 2 haha. Someone needs to post the proper gif.. haha

I find it hard to compare Nolan's Batman trilogy to the MCU films. completely different style even though they're all technically "comic book movies". the marvel films are borderline comedies.

Totally agree with this last line. I can appreciate certain Marvel films but for the Avengers it's boring to me. I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but I hate The Dark Knight Rises. I have always said it felt rushed (even though they had 4 years) because Heath passed away. I remember Christopher Nolan saying in an interview that with what Heath was doing with the Joker they could do like 4 films. 

Totally agree with this last line. I can appreciate certain Marvel films but for the Avengers it's boring to me. I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but I hate The Dark Knight Rises. I have always said it felt rushed (even though they had 4 years) because Heath passed away. I remember Christopher Nolan saying in an interview that with what Heath was doing with the Joker they could do like 4 films.

That always makes me sad because he was brilliant as the Joker.

I liked TDKR better than Batman Begins. I felt like Begins was too long and kind of boring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still don't get all the hate for MoS. Of course it's a first contact story. Supes is a big deal. He changes things, pretty much forever. Cavill was great. Action was pretty serious. Especially since most issues with Returns was a lack of action (you know, except for him lifting a continent, which is beast). I can understand the issues with lack of dialogue and character development. And I do think a second film between SupesVBats would be good, but who knows. 

On a side note, anyone ever grab the MOS OST on vinyl, and if so how is it?

Still don't get all the hate for MoS. Of course it's a first contact story. Supes is a big deal. He changes things, pretty much forever. Cavill was great. Action was pretty serious. Especially since most issues with Returns was a lack of action (you know, except for him lifting a continent, which is beast). I can understand the issues with lack of dialogue and character development. And I do think a second film between SupesVBats would be good, but who knows. 

The soundtrack is pretty good, but overall the package design is awful. Nowhere near the quality of the Dark Knight soundtrack Warner Brothers put out. I don't think there is an insert just a foreword in the gatefold of the jacket and the photo on the inside of the gatefold is of Hans Zimmer's drum circle - no photos of the film(!!!!)

• 2 months later...

I thought this was pretty cool and I originally thought Hans Zimmer should do something like this. According to Batman-On-Film Hans Zimmer has reached out to Junkie XL to do the theme for Batman this time, since Hans doesn't want to try to diminish anything he has done with James Newton Howard on The Dark Knight trilogy. 

I originally thought it would be cool if Tyler Bates could come on and co-compose since he has done previous Zack Snyder films "Watchmen" and "300."

MoS was weak because the action was obnoxiously gratuitous and contrived, and the story was repetitive to the point that it completely discredited the viewers attention span.