Barnes & Noble 50% on some vinyl (Fun, The National, GY!BE, Touche Amore)

was getting ready to file and bait and switch complaint, and lo and behold, they got my F#A# and it's on the way... we'll see what mystery container it arrives in.

I'm thinking they must sub out their packing and mailing, you know, "Stay at home and make $40K a year, flexible hours" ads...and the people come pick up or B&N delivers the goods to be packed and mailed.

So I ordered three records. Jolie holland and jack johnson came in a lp mailer together. Jack was fine other than two dented corners. Jolies record was a lil warped. Its flatted out after putting between 2 good sized books. Still not perfect. But seems to play ok. (Damn she has a great voice!)

The eels hombre loco came in a nook box. Dented corners. Record looks fine but doesn't sound that great. Pops/crackles, lot of surface noise (clean record and needle......no probs with any of my other records). Anyone else order? Wondering if its just me.

For the prices paid no real worries other than the eels album. Diff would only buy from them again with a similar sale going on.

My order got split into 3 shipments. I ordered like 100 bucks worth of stuff. First one had most of the records, was packed super well. Second one has 1 record and is in transit now. Third one (or at least I think the last one) has 3 more records and won't ship until September 9th. Sorda weird? I'm moving at the end of the month too so I gotta call and get that straightened out.

Called about to change my address for the rest of my order and the lady told me she'd put in a request for a change of address, but since half the records shipped and this order is "being processed" no guarantee it would go through. Hopefully my post office change of address will just forward these to my new place.

got 2 out of the 4 that didn't end up getting canceled today in a lp mailer, sucks their packing methods are so inconsistent

converge - axe to fall, and purity ring - shrines delayed until sept 6th
anybody order any of those 2 that actually received them? hoping converge doesn't get canceled  6 bucks is a hell of a deal!