Bad grandpa

So is this like a Borat type thing or is it all scripted?

From Vulture:

"Johnny Knoxville's inappropriate, irresponsible grandfather character is getting his own movie. It looks mostly like another Jackass movie except exclusively featuring Knoxville in costume. That said, it's the first time the franchise has imposed a scripted narrative and used it to set up real-life shock gags, a la Borat and Brüno. It's a little unfortunate the trailer closes with a slightly raunched-up version of the ending to Little Miss Sunshine, but this might be good. Nice throwback with the shopping cart, too."

tl;dr the story is scripted to set up gags to shock real people. So yes like Borat.

Okay, not to be that guy, but if the funeral scene is a "real-life shock gag" then that is without a doubt the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen. 

But I may be missing the point completely.. so disregard me. :P

Totally agree - if it was real there would be lawsuits galore. I call BS on that one.

Or they're doing whats been done 100s of times before, hosting a fake funeral for the public with a prop body.......

Yeah, but that just doesn't make much sense to me. I can't see too many people just wandering into a funeral parlor off the street. 

It would be interesting to see how that is actually set up in the movie though. 

• 2 weeks later...