PO: Red City Radio 'Titles' out Oct 15 Preorder Aug 13th?

So the tour press and the P+P press are derived from different test presses? I just wonder how the band got tests approved and vinyl pressed in time but P+P could not.

Labels pay a set fee for a few tests and could run off a sizable number of them for a a decent price in order to get them for the band for a tour/release show. So instead of 5 tests they may run 100

Just got an email about this preorder if anyone is interested:

Red City Radio Preorder Update

Hey everyone,

You're getting this email if you ordered a Red City Radio - Titles record from us. We first want to apologize for not getting you this update sooner. Although the records were delayed, it was only slightly and they are currently on their way to us. We will have them the first week of November and they will begin shipping as soon as we receive them.

If you ordered the variant with the hand-screened jacket, we have good news. The jackets have already been screened and will ship along with the rest of the records. There will be no additional waiting!

And for those of you who ordered the RCR/Pentimento bundle, we have good news for you as well. The Pentimento records are already in so your orders will ship immediately, too!

If you have any questions or need to change your shipping address, please email customer [at] paperandplastick [dot] com. For those of you attending Fest this year, please stop by our table at registration and say hello! We always enjoy seeing you guys! Thank you all for your continued patience with this and we look forward to getting you your records soon.

Cheers,
Matt Delisle / P+P

Some information that the update left out – I didn't type that one – basically what happened was that the plant (located in the Czech Republic, we used Pirates Press) sent me Pentimento and Red City Radio test presses to the wrong address. They were rerouted from Florida to NYC and and the Pentimento ones got here fine but the RCR ones were just...lost? I don't know. Either way, it took them fucking forever to make five new test presses...way longer than it should have. 

As a result we ended up with a two-week delay which is really pissing me off more than most delays...I'm well aware of the disaster that happened with Red City Radio's last release. That was right when I started as an intern and it was the release that gave the label a bad reputation for mailorder. I really wanted to get them in on time this go-round –– and we would have been shipping them out before the release date if this didn't happen with the tests. Additionally, the vinyl finished one day too late to arrive in full in Gainesville next week, so hence the first week of November shipping date. 

The good news – and I know this doesn't help speed things up – is that the test presses sounded really, really good....like, genuinely is one of the best-sounded pieces of vinyl I've heard. I wish all of our shit sounded THAT good, haha. 

burritogrande [at] paperandplastick.com if anyone has any specific questions or anything.

Some information that the update left out – I didn't type that one – basically what happened was that the plant (located in the Czech Republic, we used Pirates Press) sent me Pentimento and Red City Radio test presses to the wrong address. They were rerouted from Florida to NYC and and the Pentimento ones got here fine but the RCR ones were just...lost? I don't know. Either way, it took them fucking forever to make five new test presses...way longer than it should have. 

As a result we ended up with a two-week delay which is really pissing me off more than most delays...I'm well aware of the disaster that happened with Red City Radio's last release. That was right when I started as an intern and it was the release that gave the label a bad reputation for mailorder. I really wanted to get them in on time this go-round –– and we would have been shipping them out before the release date if this didn't happen with the tests. Additionally, the vinyl finished one day too late to arrive in full in Gainesville next week, so hence the first week of November shipping date. 

The good news – and I know this doesn't help speed things up – is that the test presses sounded really, really good....like, genuinely is one of the best-sounded pieces of vinyl I've heard. I wish all of our shit sounded THAT good, haha. 

burritogrande [at] paperandplastick.com if anyone has any specific questions or anything.

Glad you guys used Pirates Press (GZ) this time around. They are generally pretty punctual, and really make some good sounding records IMO. I've also seen how they ship tests, so yeah they probably ended up somewhere in nether. 

Stoked to get my copies.

These guys played NYC yesterday, but I couldn't be there because of the Heartsounds/Cleave/Stereo State show. Had a friend pick up a copy for me and after initially thinking I got a fancy tour copy turned out it was the half/half 500 press. So hopefully this means it will ship shortly. As for the tour press I don't know if they sold out or not.

Seeing them tonight, hoping they have the tour version with them, regardless I'll be grabbing a copy to support them directly and to be able to listen on vinyl asap!

It's tour copy or bust... that's all that iss available right now.  They'll probably still have plenty left at this point.

I got the tour press too last night - and they had normal copies as well. From the looks of it there weren't very many copies at all of either and only like 5 in the box of the tour press when we grabbed mine. Left that show with 4 records after getting stuff from PJ and Arliss Nancy.