DO NOT Support Like Young Records. (FINALLY REFUNDED ME)

Months ago I purchased a blink record off the owner of "Like Young Records". Long story short, he never sent the record. I forgot to open a claim (my fault, I know), so now it is too late. He has ignored numerous emails and countless Facebook messages. I commented on a Facebook post of his simply asking where my record was and he deleted it, and then blocked me from commenting on his labels page.

I've already mentioned this dude in the Terrible Buyers/Sellers thread, and I know there is a "Terrible Service from distros" thread, but this purchase was done "outside" of his label, and wasnt one of his releases/items in his store. Someone on here mentioned him saying he was selling off some old records on his labels Facebook page, so that's how I found it.

Making this thread will just bring a little more attention to the community to not buy stuff off this guy. I think it's fair that as many people as possible see this, so he doesn't scam more of us.

Anyways, don't support this dudes label because he is obviously a shitty guy, and scammed me $45.

And if anyone wants to ask him why he scammed me on his labels Facebook page, go ahead, since he's completely blocked me.

Thanks.

I am sorry to hear about that man.  He almost fleeced me too.  Did you contact him after he was selling records on facebook? I literally went back and forth with him for almost a month listening to his bullshit before he finally came through.  He only started responding when i started calling him out on the Likeyoung facebook page.  He was bullshitting almost the entire time about when and if he had sent the record or not. It finally showed up like I said a little over a month after the initial transaction and even then he fucked up my address and acted like I was the worst most difficult person he had ever dealt with.  Post on his facebook private and label page.  Do you have his gmail??

Call your bank and dispute the transaction with them instead of through Paypal.

Most banks give 60 days from date of transaction to dispute and even after 60 days may still initiate a fraud claim. For an amount that small it's cheaper for the bank to credit you their customer than pay an employee to investigate. It's likely you can still get your funds back that way.

Also, if you didn't buy Blink records this wouldn't happen.

This is the only blink record I've ever tried to buy, and the only time I've been scammed, hahaha. So this post is accurate.

Also, it's shitty to see he's tried this on another member. I went on a 3 week road trip and completely forgot I had paid him for it. Stupid me.

This is the only blink record I've ever tried to buy, and the only time I've been scammed, hahaha. So this post is accurate.

Also, it's shitty to see he's tried this on another member. I went on a 3 week road trip and completely forgot I had paid him for it. Stupid me.

Well lessoned learned. You'll never be sloppy again. I can't believe PayPal gave you a what? 40 Day grace period of informing them the problem...

How did you pay anyways? Through PayPal gift? At any rate, you have his PayPal account.

Invoice him for a refund. And threaten to sue him. 

Call your bank and dispute the transaction with them instead of through Paypal.

Most banks give 60 days from date of transaction to dispute and even after 60 days may still initiate a fraud claim. For an amount that small it's cheaper for the bank to credit you their customer than pay an employee to investigate. It's likely you can still get your funds back that way.

All around sound advice here.

Well lessoned learned. You'll never be sloppy again. I can't believe PayPal gave you a what? 40 Day grace period of informing them the problem...

I know. it was stupid and lazy on my part. This thread isn't to make people feel for me, just to inform others to watch out with this dude, and decide if they really want to support a label that does this.

But yes, I agree with your post.

Dude sucks for sure. I bought a record from him off Discogs, and he kept telling me he shipped it (for about 5 weeks). I finally opened a Paypal claim, and within a couple of days he dropped the LP off at the post office. 

I got my record, but it took close to 2 months and a TON of emails/bitching/paypal claim.

Dude sucks for sure. I bought a record from him off Discogs, and he kept telling me he shipped it (for about 5 weeks). I finally opened a Paypal claim, and within a couple of days he dropped the LP off at the post office. 

I got my record, but it took close to 2 months and a TON of emails/bitching/paypal claim.

Holy fuck, this seems like we should all post that he's a scammer on his F.B. We don't need some douche bag screwing up online vinyl selling peer to peer style to ruin it for us all.

Holy fuck, this seems like we should all post that he's a scammer on his F.B. We don't need some douche bag screwing up online vinyl selling peer to peer style to ruin it for us all.

Hahaha, yup. He already blocked me from posting after I simply wrote "hey man, what's going on with my blink record?". This dude is a fucking bum.

This is why I've become anal about always adding things to my "incoming" list on deadformat the moment I purchase them. Easy way to keep track of that kind of stuff. 

This is exactly what I do.  It helps me keep track of preorders and such too (especially if I have too many coming from Amazon...when that shit charges you out of the blue...BAM!)

^^^ I never understood why people do that. Mainly because I have a stack of "to be listened to" and only update my tradelist when I listen to it for the first time. But that does make sense. I have the emails from when I buy something so that's why I don't keep an 'incoming' section.

^^^ I never understood why people do that. Mainly because I have a stack of "to be listened to" and only update my tradelist when I listen to it for the first time. But that does make sense. I have the emails from when I buy something so that's why I don't keep an 'incoming' section.

Between my work email, personal email and label email accounts, keeping an "incoming" list tends to be much easier for me. I do also keep email record of purchases in their own folder, but I visit my DF list often enough to keep it updated that it proves to be much more handy for me. Plus, I tend to buy quite a bit - I have 8 incoming right now and I've been on a moratorium for the last couple months. Oops!

Between my work email, personal email and label email accounts, keeping an "incoming" list tends to be much easier for me. I do also keep email record of purchases in their own folder, but I visit my DF list often enough to keep it updated that it proves to be much more handy for me. Plus, I tend to buy quite a bit - I have 8 incoming right now and I've been on a moratorium for the last couple months. Oops!

At my girlfriend's insistence, I went 30 days without buying anything. On day 30 or 31, I bought something out of spite. Ha.