PO: Death Cab For Cutie "Transatlanticism" 10th anniversary 2xLP

Seriously, how often do you guys listen to demos of any band more than once? It always sounds like it'll be so cool, and then you listen to them, and realize WHY THEY WERE DEMOS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Agreed except for The Format's demos are so great. I listen to that B-Sides and Rarities album frequently

Haha okay. I prefer stuff that isn't too high of quality. I happen to like those versions better. Oh and fuck you, i'm not the one who likes shit like You, Me, And Everyone You Know and Into It. Over It.

They're "hipster"? And if that's a shot at me...I absolutely love IIOI and hate You, Me, And Everyone You Know just so you know...might want to get your shit straight.

I listen to the demos of Good Life's Story of the year all the time.  I'm think Jimmy Eat World put out the demos to Futures, I listen to those  I also listen to all of the Against Me demo albums just as much as the real albums.

The Album of the Year demos are great. You could see how much Tim's songs are put together before all the extra layers.

Jimmy Eat World put out the demos to Futures, I listen to those

the Futures demos are pretty good. I'll listen to that every now and then because several of the songs are different enough from the final version to be comeppling for repeat listens.

there's obviously a lot of demos out there that are pretty boring, but Jimmy Eat World's (released) demos are generally pretty interesting.

For those of you who attended Bumbershoot: Did any of you have to deal with those frustrating "Stand By Tickets" for the Transatlanticism set? I almost lost my shit when they told me that the show was at capacity and we may / may not be granted access to the main stage. 

I barely got in for Tegan and Sara earlier in the day and even once inside, there was no where to sit so I had to listen from the hall. I knew I had to get in line incredibly early for Death Cab so that's what I did and got amazing seats. I'll never go back to Bumbershoot again.

I barely got in for Tegan and Sara earlier in the day and even once inside, there was no where to sit so I had to listen from the hall. I knew I had to get in line incredibly early for Death Cab so that's what I did and got amazing seats. I'll never go back to Bumbershoot again.

Yeah, we were able to get into Tegan & Sara. Their set started at 2:00 and we walked in at 1:55 and got in. For Death Cab, they started handing out tickets to get in. We didn't know or had any idea before hand this was going to be enforced. By the time we caught wind of it, we were given tickets for a "stand by line" and told us if there were Any seats after Ra Ra Riot, we would be able to see them. Such a head ache.

This is up at Amazon now, for $27.99—I'm gonna order mine on there since I have Prime (and maybe the price will drop a little, too):

http://www.amazon.com/Transatlanticism-10th-Anniversary-Vinyl-Edition/dp/B00EYRWVPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378391056&sr=8-1

Thanks for the heads up. Preordered on Amazon. Hopefully the price dips even further before the release date.

So the current price on this on Amazon is now $26.48. I preordered it at $27.99. I know they'll refund me the difference if the price stays at $26.48 up until the release date, but couldn't I just cancel my preorder now and re-order at the new price? Just in case it goes back up... Am I severely over-thinking a buck fifty?

So the current price on this on Amazon is now $26.48. I preordered it at $27.99. I know they'll refund me the difference if the price stays at $26.48 up until the release date, but couldn't I just cancel my preorder now and re-order at the new price? Just in case it goes back up... Am I severely over-thinking a buck fifty?

You don't get charged till it ships... So the lowest price between now and then is what you'll pay.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain when you preorder you get the item at its lowest price since the day you placed your order. So if the item happened to drop to $10 one day and then shoots up to $20 during the day of release, you would be paying the $10.

• 1 month later...

Looks like it's up to $34.99 on Amazon now, glad I locked in at $26.47.

Thanks for this, I'm excited to hear some of those demos!

I'm glad the demos are included the download card within the LP, just wish they pressed the demos on vinyl too, like a bonus LP or a separate release or something.