PO: Cloudkicker - Subsume

"A weather front..." seriously has elements from just about every previous Cloudkicker album. If you need to convert anyone over, just play this song. If they like it, move on from there. If not, they probably won't like anything of his.

The end of this song is basically an improved version of "Push it Way Up!", and that song was already incredible.

Already on listen 3 of the album. Can't get enough.

Someone else get in here & obsess over this album with me lol.

Just downloaded it--  will blabber on something about it later this weekend  :)

"A weather front..." seriously has elements from just about every previous Cloudkicker album. If you need to convert anyone over, just play this song. If they like it, move on from there. If not, they probably won't like anything of his.

The end of this song is basically an improved version of "Push it Way Up!", and that song was already incredible.

Already on listen 3 of the album. Can't get enough.

Someone else get in here & obsess over this album with me lol.

It's a great listen, as expected. Wish he could snag Neil Peart as a session drummer...that'd be sweet!

Do you think a little more mathiness would scare too many fans away?

It's one thing to have a 16+ minute track that seems to end,  but it doesn't (Godspeed fans aren't intimidated), but some more time signature changes - not necessarily spastic stuff - would ice it for me :)  

It's a great listen, as expected. Wish he could snag Neil Peart as a session drummer...that'd be sweet!

Do you think a little more mathiness would scare too many fans away?

It's one thing to have a 16+ minute track that seems to end, but it doesn't (Godspeed fans aren't intimidated), but some more time signature changes - not necessarily spastic stuff - would ice it for me :)

I get your point. He basically turns "A weather front..." into 4-5 different songs instead of centering around 1 continuous idea. Sounds like you were looking for something more in the realm of "Seattle"?

However, I love what he does with this track. It's kind of like taking the idea of a vinyl record but applying it to a digital medium. What I mean is that you are forced to listen to all parts of the song because they are all considered the 1 song. Lucky for me I love every part of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah as far as I know that's the only difference. And it's /100. No idea if there may be a weight difference or anything.

I'm curious to know how the tracks lay out throughout the record. First, 2nd & 3rd tracks all bleed into each other. The only real pauses are in the middle of "weather front" & before the last song. Could Side A end midway through "weather front"?

I am. But this one was disappointing. Started off promising. But the same chords for 14 minutes really grinded my brain. There was no depth, creativity or that 'distinct' sound for this genre that keeps my mind busy. My mind fell asleep. Annoyed and angry. I love the older stuff. Just my opinion. Sigh.