PO: Cloudkicker - Subsume

• 1 month later...

It looks like this (and some other albums are getting repressed).

From Cloudkicker's Tumblr :

It looks like the re-presses of Let Yourself Be Huge, Fade, and Subsume are getting ready to leave the factory, so they should be available within the next couple weeks. We did some fancy stuff with entirely new colors on this run so I’m excited to see what they look like.

• 3 weeks later...

This and the new if these tree could talk repress are going to really kill me. Can't wait ;) Anyone have a swirl 1st press of this they would like to part with? PM me and we can work something out!

I was spot on with this statement! Just dropped $80 on these represses and $120 on the recent ITTCT deluxe set that went up.. 

Probably an oversight or something. Ben is a super cool dude and answers emails fast typically. I would reach out to him and see what's up. When I had a small seam split in my copy of Subsume he was super fast to replace it with a brand new copy.

Thanks RB.  Contacted him on Facebook, but if I don't get a reply anytime soon I'll probably shoot him an e-mail.  Not sure why that wasn't my first choice, but I have faith he'll be cool enough to do something a little more practical.  The cost of the actual vinyl isn't bad at all, it's just that $13+ dollar shipping I'm iffy about.

Thanks RB.  Contacted him on Facebook, but if I don't get a reply anytime soon I'll probably shoot him an e-mail.  Not sure why that wasn't my first choice, but I have faith he'll be cool enough to do something a little more practical.  The cost of the actual vinyl isn't bad at all, it's just that $13+ dollar shipping I'm iffy about.

I was able to combine my shipping for LYBH & Fade, came to 8.50$ for shipping. He is always good about replying to emails though

I was wondering the same thing. Said fuck it and grabbed Subsume and Fade anyway. No more spending for me after this and ITTCT. Sorry, wallet.

I hope King didn't hyperventilate when he saw these. May have to finally grab a Subsume.

I almost did when I just NOW saw this post & immediately though just my luck something woulda sold out already.

But alas, all is good, & I'm another $70 poorer.

FYI, I ordered all 3 & shipping was only another $1.50 each for the 2nd & 3rd records. But then there was $4 tax. That's a first via bandcamp, no? I don't remember paying tax before but oh well.

I feel Justin's pain. Got the ITTCT bundle, these 3, & bought a silver Beacons from someone :)

Safe to say I'll be putting up a new FS thread.

I see what you guys are saying about adding multiple items.  Honestly, I've only ever ordered 1 item from Bandcamp at any given time, and wasn't even aware you could create a cart.  But in doing so, each additional item is $1.50 like King said.  Definitely makes things a bit more justifiable.  Anyone who only needs one record receives the short end of the stick, but bundling 2 or 3 isn't too bad at all.

Anyone know how limited these are?  Asking because I'm curious how long they'll stick around.

Wait, is there any reason that shipping is $6.82 for a single LP?  And is there no way to combine shipping for multiple items?

Ben ships quickly, and First Class, not media mail. He uses that waffle packing wrap for the albums - and glad others posted about the cart.

I actually had a 1st press Subsume ltd. and never played it as someone in Canada wanted it badly, and being my first CK vinyl, it was a good excuse in trying to reign in this vinyl buying monster that's invaded my house.  But then the Blood Music pressings and I caved big-time. They were seriously all my favorites, minus Beacons.  The new presses look really tempting. 

The /50 Nautkicker poster is now down to $10. Was $50, I bought one at $20 from Intronaut.  

Kind of disappointed I dropped $50 for that poster when he was in town, still hangs nicely in the designated quirky part of my room. I'm torn whether or not to pursue the first pressings of Fade and LYBH especially considering these variants look amazing. The new Subsume press looks awfully similar to the Sunbather splatter, it still looks great with that cover however. Being a vinyl buying monster, I may be inclined to pick up all the represses as listening copies.

Before I send Ben an e-mail, I was hoping someone might have the answer to how many Fade test press copies there were? I recently bought one from a seller saying /15, but I snatched it up before confirming in case someone else did. If anyone has some light to shine on this, that'd be great.