PO: Cloudkicker - Subsume

Wow I consider this his most perfect album to date. I hear elements of everything he's ever done but it all still sounds new and fresh. It definitely took a couple listens to really grasp how good it is though.

I love the whole flow of the album, with "weather front" being like a 5 part movie.

forbenator, I'd for sure start here. I think it's a quintessential Cloudkicker album. Perfectly sums up all his prior work. Find what elements of this you like best & then you can probably pick & choose previous albums based on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I know that people have already said that this sound great, but please someone still comment on the sound quality again - the inner groove parts have many loud sections which Im sure are very hard to track for any cartridge without extra distortion (unless the record is mastered perfectly). I have a very sensitive setup, so inner groove distortion is very audible and annoying.

I wouldnt be asking, but shipping for this outside US is a lot, so just to be sure. Thanks.

edit: same question for the Beacons record. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...