PO: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) - Amused to Death

markaj311

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/roger-waters-amused-to-death-200-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

$49.99 was the best pre-order price I've found and inclues free shipping and no tax.

As a huge Pink Floyd and Roger Waters fan I will be getting this! First time pressed since the album came out in 1992. I was 6. Anyone else into this?

Amused.jpg

I know a couple of people that are on pins and needles waiting for that release.  I tried to like that album but just couldn't get into it.  The Q-sound aspect in the recording is very cool, excellent soundstage, but the material itself, while conceptually very cool just comes across very boring to me.  More than anything I can't stand Roger's vocals.  He sounds like he's about 100 years old on his deathbed.  Nothing like his excellent work on The Wall.  Far as I know Soundstagedirect has the best price for the PO.  Amazon is like $25 more.

Yeeeeaaaaah! I pre-ordered from Amazon.ca cheapest place i found it (CAD$45.46), pre-order price guarantee and can always cancel later if cheaper someplace else. Ive been waiting for this since January, kind of forgot about it until last night.

Its only been repressed unofficially since its original release in 1992... albeit in the same year. But nonetheless, i love all things Pink Floyd related, but this is in a league of its own. Im kind of hoping of a repress of Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, that would slay!

I know a couple of people that are on pins and needles waiting for that release.  I tried to like that album but just couldn't get into it.  The Q-sound aspect in the recording is very cool, excellent soundstage, but the material itself, while conceptually very cool just comes across very boring to me.  More than anything I can't stand Roger's vocals.  He sounds like he's about 100 years old on his deathbed.  Nothing like his excellent work on The Wall.  Far as I know Soundstagedirect has the best price for the PO.  Amazon is like $25 more.

Couldn't agree with this more. And the laziness in his vocals is the reason why I can never muster up enough enthusiasm to see him live. 

Great news, I've been waiting for this to go up since springtime when I read it was being reissued.  I understand the opinion that it's a bit boring, but I think it has some redeeming moments.  If nothing else, the cd is a great tool for tweaking speaker placement to find the ideal setup in a room.  When everything gets dialed in this album is tits for showcasing what your stereo can do.

Couldn't agree with this more. And the laziness in his vocals is the reason why I can never muster up enough enthusiasm to see him live. 

I saw him live back in 99 and his vocals were much less lazy than on the album. The first set was all classic Floyd stuff. The second set was a lot of Waters solo stuff. The crowd went apeshit for the Amused to Death tracks. It was really strange.

• 1 month later...

i have a friend that is really looking forward to this.  sent me an email today saying that he stopped by his local record store to get them to order one in and they didn't have it available to order in.  even though amazon says 11/12, i'm not so sure i'd believe even that.

There are a ton of people looking forward to this.  I'm on the side though that just can't get into this album.  I LOVE the concept of the album and I really LOVE the sound stage it has but I just can't get into the music itself.  I'm happy for all those that have a chance to finally get this for less than hundreds of dollars though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So Sept. 23rd is just about a week away, only now I see Musicdirect changed the release date to TBA. This has been delayed how many times now? Think I may get a refund, I'm pretty disappointed! :(

Yeah, I'm bummed as hell about that. Not sure why there's no updates on this outside of it just being continually pushed back but it's getting super annoying.

• 6 months later...