PO: Miley Cyrus - Bangerz

it's almost as if people think that "applause" wasn't one of the best radio singles of the year so far!

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

lol what do you actually consider better to dominate the radio this year? I suppose "I Knew You Were Trouble" could go under that but that came out last year technically, though I'd probably take that over Applause

lol what do you actually consider better to dominate the radio this year? I suppose "I Knew You Were Trouble" could go under that but that came out last year technically, though I'd probably take that over Applause

i have no idea, i just smited you because you never talk about karma on here without repercussion. ALL SHALL PAY

it's almost as if people think that "applause" wasn't one of the best radio singles of the year so far!

If you are keeping track of the best radio songs, perhaps. You're the only person I know who is apparently. I try to stay away from stuff that makes me want to kill myself. I do have more respect for Lady Gaga (not much) than most other pop "stars", so guess I see what you are saying.

If you are keeping track of the best radio songs, perhaps. You're the only person I know who is apparently. I try to stay away from stuff that makes me want to kill myself.

except there's tracks like applause and trouble that are actually fantastic pop songs.

really bummed this new katy perry hasn't been that good, Teenage Dream was top notch.

Im not huge on pop music but the people that write it off completely are missing some really cool stuff.

I listen to bands I consider pop, like Sebadoh and stuff but that's as far as I can go. Not a fan of huge hooks, choruses, and people either not writing their songs or having people co-write with them. It's all just silly to me, not that anyone cares.

/writing it off

Edit: I just realized I am in a Miley Cyrus thread. My bitching is no good here.

I think there are far too many talented and deserving artists and musicians who never receive radio play to discover and enjoy for me (or anyone else for that matter) to waste my time with anything that would get significant radio play on a "top 40" station.

yeah all top 40 radio must suck

oh wait i forgot artists/bands like gaga, fun., taylor swift exist

yeah all top 40 radio must suck

oh wait i forgot artists/bands like gaga, fun., taylor swift exist

I didn't. That's why I made that statement. It's those vapid empty artists and their fanbases that I'm trying to avoid.

I will give credit to Fun. however. I think The Format were one of those bands that deserved much more recognition than they ever got. While I don't like the music that Fun. has been producing as much as their previous incarnation, I still give them some credit for making it. Hopefully their success has driven more people to seek out their earlier stuff and listen to Interventions and Lullabies instead of Some Nights.

I didn't. That's why I made that statement. It's those vapid empty artists and their fanbases that I'm trying to avoid.

I will give credit to Fun. however. I think The Format were one of those bands that deserved much more recognition than they ever got. While I don't like the music that Fun. has been producing as much as their previous incarnation, I still give them some credit for making it. Hopefully their success has driven more people to seek out their earlier stuff and listen to Interventions and Lullabies instead of Some Nights.

"instead of some nights"

ugh

most other things > fun and miley

the fact that you guys are debating the best songs on pop radio is ridiculous. everyone knows the radio has been in trouble for a long time and has had to begin playing only the few things that will appeal to the masses. radio hasn't been exciting in over a decade and it's pretty much obsolete.

there's good music out there. most of it's not on the radio. the most popular rock band right now is mumford and sons. that's just sad.