Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

ugh, so i bought these on my roadtrip last week and i just cracked open We Live to spin it, i got the gold variant, but i also got two C/D records, no A/B. at first i thought it was just the labels, but the etchings match. its weird, the two records are different shades of gold (one clear and one opaque) and one is 180g and the other is noticeably less. its almost like theyre from totally different pressings.

since i dont live near the record store (End of an Ear in Austin, TX) should i email Rise Above and see if theyll send me an A/B disc?

ive never had this happen before, im super bummed haha

ugh, so i bought these on my roadtrip last week and i just cracked open We Live to spin it, i got the gold variant, but i also got two C/D records, no A/B. at first i thought it was just the labels, but the etchings match. its weird, the two records are different shades of gold (one clear and one opaque) and one is 180g and the other is noticeably less. its almost like theyre from totally different pressings.

since i dont live near the record store (End of an Ear in Austin, TX) should i email Rise Above and see if theyll send me an A/B disc?

ive never had this happen before, im super bummed haha

Ah, I read about this over in that thread, thought you had it pretty well in hand though. Yeah, just email Rise Above and let them know whats up. They might have you pay shipping, but should rectify it.

Earache Records has been deleting my posts about how they screwed over Sleep for rights and royalties on Holy Mountain...

"Let us talk, once again, about the band SLEEP, and their beautiful record Holy Mountain. Your lack of a response is equal to your lack of ethics. Keep copying and pasting generic responses to the fans you look to for support and brand loyalty. After all nothing keeps customers coming back like feeling neglected or annoyed by companies and organizations that produce products they love. If you were applying the responsibility ethics lens to the situation, do you feel what happened between Earache Records and the band Sleep was wrong? Then it probably was wrong. In my experience organizations that do right ethically typically thrive, and feel better about themselves. Organizations that act unethical usually pay for it in the end. Poor leadership and unethical behavior trickles from the top, upper management/owners, to the bottom, workers/interns. Being in a position of leadership is an honor, and honor that should be upheld through ethical behavior, flexibility, sense of humor, knowing when to delegate, when to reward, knowing how to empower, and create leaders out of all of your employees. Seek a peaceful resolution, clean your conscience, and put this situation behind every party involved. Do the right thing. Happiness is infectious, and it radiates through everything you do. Do not ignore the situation and hope it goes away. Do we not see that enough in the world today? Government, greedy corporations, they all see problems and ignore them until they swell and burst. The truth is Sleep has a fan base that is growing at more of a rapid rate than ever before. I am sure you see that in sales of their merchandise. Now is the time to squash the beef and make things right. Both sides will benefit from this. Thank you for your time."

TESTIFY!

Also, Seventh Rule is already having Black Friday. So much stuff that caught my eye to snag for only a tenner or 15$ for a double LP. Atriarch, Coffinworm, Graves At Sea/Sourvein split, Indian, Megaton Leviathan, Occultation, Stoneburner, If I lived in the US I'd be all over these like a rash. I plead you dudes to throw money at them so I may live out my addiction through you.

http://shop.seventhrule.com/collections/vinyl?page=1

I'm quoting myself, as I feel this was criminally overlooked. Seriously dudes, don't miss out on this. So much good stuff super cheap. I'd jump in but I already broke the bank on an order from Anost.

I hate Black Friday, it makes my head hurt. By this time next year I'm going to amass a bag of money so I can throw it around at every sale, indiscriminately.

Also, kudos to you, master of epilepsy cat for writing that to Earrache. Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I'm quoting myself, as I feel this was criminally overlooked. Seriously dudes, don't miss out on this. So much good stuff super cheap. I'd jump in but I already broke the bank on an order from Anost.

I hate Black Friday, it makes my head hurt. By this time next year I'm going to amass a bag of money so I can throw it around at every sale, indiscriminately.

Also, kudos to you, master of epilepsy cat for writing that to Earrache. Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I have the majority of Seventh Rule releases already but those who don't would be wise to pick something up from their webstore.

I'm going to try and call the store this afternoon, but I can't imagine they would be willing to do that. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't be willing to send me a a/b disc. I even offered to send mine back and pay for shipping.

But at that point with shipping I could almost just buy a new copy.

Rise above just emailed me back, they said they can't send me a replacement since I didn't get it from them. They suggest I drive 4.5 hours to return it to the store. I'm not happy.

Yeah, that's some real shit, right there, since the store is just going to send it back to them and get a full replacement copy anyway.

I'm going to try and call the store this afternoon, but I can't imagine they would be willing to do that. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't be willing to send me a a/b disc. I even offered to send mine back and pay for shipping.

Booooo. Fuck you, Rise Above. They do have a history of fucking over Electric Wizard in general though, so it makes sense they don't care about their customers.

My store returns records to the distributor, we always exchange bad/warped/incorrect albums. Just talk tot e store, and see fi they will mil you and exchange if you mail yours back to them. So they can return yours and get a refund.