Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I read that Sleep post last night.  "The Riff decides, Sleep obeys" best quote I've seen in a long time. 

More Sleep reading for those wanting insight as to why Earache will probably never give up the rights to Holy Mountain...

http://askearache.blogspot.co.uk/2006/06/sleep-with-earache-what-happened.html?m=1

Late to the party on this discussion, but I hope everything works out for you, JoTo. That dude is definitely a cocksucker. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but usually when I sell to someone on ebay or discogs who I haven't had any previous relationship with I always take pictures of the album I sell before I ship the record. I've never had an issue from a buyer, but in my mind the pictures give me piece of mind in case of what's happening to you occurs. Again, good luck.

I read that Sleep post last night.  "The Riff decides, Sleep obeys" best quote I've seen in a long time. 

More Sleep reading for those wanting insight as to why Earache will probably never give up the rights to Holy Mountain...

http://askearache.blogspot.co.uk/2006/06/sleep-with-earache-what-happened.html?m=1

I don't know anything about the Sleep drama, but if I were just judging by reading that response, the Earache guy sounds reasonable. If I put a bunch of time and money to promote and release a band's record I would be pretty bummed if they bailed just when things got hotter. Like I said, I don't know anything about any of this. That letter from Al is funny to read. I wonder if he still lives at the Cupertino address.

I don't think a lot people understand why Earache haven't given some of the rights back to Sleep and just assume that Earache are being a bunch of twats.  Im guessing by leaving Earache when they went to London they gave up the rights to Holy Mountain, probably thinking they were going to make more money with London any way.  We all know what happens from there.  Either way, it's a bit of a sad story.  Sleep will never see a dime from the sale of any Holy Mountain release, but as they said, they signed the contract and it is what it is.

Can't wait for my weird amazon shipment of 2 Electric Wizard albums and the new Taylor Swift album...

If you hear a skirmish inside the box, do not open until it stops. I got money Ms. Swift walks out the victor! I'll be getting those Wizard albums and I thought the new Mike Patton project Geocidal. I'm finding out right now that the cd comes out on the 9th, but the vinyl comes out on January 6th :(

I got my copies of Electric Wizard yesterday minus the Taylor Swift album.

Forgot to ask, what colors?

Whenever I mention that Swift album, I feel like I'm in that episode of The Sarah Silverman Show when Steve Agee finds out that Brian Posehn only has one song on his ipod...and it's Two Princes by Spindoctors.

Forgot to ask, what colors?

Whenever I mention that Swift album, I feel like I'm in that episode of The Sarah Silverman Show when Steve Agee finds out that Brian Posehn only has one song on his ipod...and it's Two Princes by Spindoctors.

Let us Prey - Gold

We Live - Green

This definitely shines a new light on the whole issue. I thought Earrache were simply being self-serving. Either way, I totally understand the rationale both sides. Dudes were probably getting hopes of really making it bigtime and with what they had in hand at the time, I don't blame them. A sad situation indeed but I definitely get the saying "they signed the contract, their loss" better now.

More Weedeater ^^^^

Gold is /325, not sure on brown. Guess in the 400-500 range.

Have to give this another listen. Weedeater seems to be one of the top bands but the "sound of the south" hasn't quite clicked with me yet unfortunately.