Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Apparently they're one per person this go around, which is awesome for people at the shows, bummer for my buddies who I want to help out.

I've got a lot of friends going though, I'll get as many as possible for you guys.

The venue is in Austin and is very MJ friendly, I'm sure it'll be insane. I can't wait.

No worries man!

Just consider me super envious that you get to go!

Received my Acid King record today. Three songs in and it's pretty damn good.

You order straight from Svart, right? It's very curious that I've yet to receive mine as am way closer to Sweden than PA. Between this and the Holy Mountain delay I'm getting a bit burned out on all these pre-orders I've been putting in lately.

So jealous of that Sleep show in Austin. Favourite city I've never visited. Saw some photos and videos of the show on Instagram as well. Seemed like an amazing venue.

Been gone for a while visiting the UK.  Saw all kinds of great bands at Desertfest, including Acid King, Dopethrone & Sleep.  Went to Mapledurham Watermill (on the cover of Sabbath's S/T) which was pretty cool.  While record shopping I met Jimmy Page who told me to fuck off which was definitely the highlight of my trip.  Rather disappointed in the amount of vinyl I brought home to be honest.  Sleep did not have a print for the Desertfest show which was a bit of a let down considering the killer one for the 4/20 shows and the Aquarian print for the shows after.  Also bummed tour patches were 1 per person as it kept me from buying some for friends. 

Jumped on that moon coven! $30 shipped is still a little high for my tastes, but I'll take it.

At least it's cheaper than what I paid a couple of weeks ago! Also, it's an import, so there is that excuse.

I have to say that I am reaching that saturation point with these $20+ records. Especially when I see other labels putting out colored vinyl for $15 and under. Give me two versions: 1. Extremely limited color and 2. Pretty limited color. I also don't need anything else with it except the record and jacket. Then, repress it in a different color. I'm getting gimmicked to death by record label antics. I need to start saying, "NO" with my money more often.