Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I get these for free from work, but I think I may invest in a custom molded pair in a a couple months. Apparently they are relatively inexpensive: 

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-MAX-30-Corded-Earplugs/dp/B000E2609Y/

Also Anyone else hitting up Psycho Fest this weekend? 

No Fest for me. With all the bands playing with Conan tonight, it is like a mini fest in Oakland.

FYI: Bongripper - Hate Ashbury going up at 11 AM Central Time tomorrow

and you want an even rarer Bongripper release check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151663377533?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got one. ....and I only paid $18 for it. Haha. Benefits of being at one of the few shows they sold them at. Went to Chicago to see them with Uzala, Mount Salem and Mike Schiedt. Bought two, one orange and one red. Gave the orange to a buddy for free. Should have held on to it knowing what they are worth now. Serious trade bait.

Saw Conan last night and they destroyed. Had to leave before they ended because the get up and go to work problem. I hate when shows have a million bands playing on a frickin' weeknight. Anyway, Mantar killed it. For a two piece they really tear it up. They had their new record and I wish I didn't order it from Brutal Panda because I still don't have it. I only have one Samothrace record and I dig it, but they were pretty boring. Glad I dragged myself out to see Conan.

Saw Conan last night and they destroyed. Had to leave before they ended because the get up and go to work problem. I hate when shows have a million bands playing on a frickin' weeknight. Anyway, Mantar killed it. For a two piece they really tear it up. They had their new record and I wish I didn't order it from Brutal Panda because I still don't have it. I only have one Samothrace record and I dig it, but they were pretty boring. Glad I dragged myself out to see Conan.

Thats the problem i had going to see the body on wednesday. Damn thing ended at 1 am and have to get up at 6. Was dragging ass yesterday. Glad to hear conan crushed. Wish they would come my way.

Anybody listen to that new High On Fire track?

I think I'll try to abstain in anticipation for the wax but here it is for anyone otherwise inclined

https://soundcloud.com/eone-music/hoftheblackplot/s-J12yh

Then again, I've already heard Slave The Hive...

1. The Black Plot
  2. Carcosa
  3. The Sunless Years
  4. Slave The Hive
  5. The Falconist
  6. Dark Side Of The Compass
  7. The Cave
  8. Luminiferous
  9. The Lethal Chamber