Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

They certainly will be the primary draw on this tour. I am so stoked. This will actually be my first time seeing them.

That's surprising. I would have figured you would have seen them live before. Still you will no doubt enjoy their set. I've seen them I would say around 15 times. I remember seeing them in the mid 90's in some squatter house in Philly. The room was so small that everyone in the band was no more than 5 feet away from wherever you stood. They've never had a bad show when i saw them so I can almost see Pallbearer disappointing you because of how good Converge will be.

It should be the other way around. Converge should be the headliner.

This. I like Pallbearer, but with how slow they are, I was going to assume they would be the first band to play. Almost like a nice introduction before the chaos hits. New At the Gates was decent enough, but I bet Converge will outshine them on stage throughout the tour. Can't wait for the Seattle show.

Yes, on the Decibel tour. Both of them are opening for At The Gates.

It's crazy to think that Converge has been a band for 20 years.

Not a fan of At The Gates or Vallenfyre, which is perfect. I get to arrive late and leave early. I wonder how many people there will really be into Pallbearer. They are so much mellower than the other bands. Can't wait to finally see Converge again.

Back to doom. When the hell is that Dorthia record going to go up for presale?

Damn. Kind of makes me wish I held out on getting that copy straight from them.

Then again, erhaps I'll find a good home for it at a stoner friend of mine's. ^_^

Depending on the cost of the repress, I wouldn't mind selling you my copy from Goya at cost. If it's too high I probably will just keep my copy. I've never been one for multiple copies.