Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Psycho California lineup announced, includes Sleep, Earth, Truckfighters, Stoned Jesus, etc. Wish something like this would come around near me in New York.

http://psychoca.com/

I had already forgotten about this.

So Sleep, Pentagram and Cult of Luna are the previously unannounced headliners?

I had already forgotten about this.

So Sleep, Pentagram and Cult of Luna are the previously unannounced headliners?

If I lived down there I would go, but this line-up isn't as whambamthankyoumam as Day Of The Shred, at least for me. Lots of really great bands on this bill, though.

If I lived down there I would go, but this line-up isn't as whambamthankyoumam as Day Of The Shred, at least for me. Lots of really great bands on this bill, though.

Yeah. I'll settle for Sleep in February, and Electric Wizard in April instead of going to this. Maybe if I were closer.

Also.

1zgrmmf.png

List of incoming shit is back! It always feels weird not waiting on any records in the mail.

Not sure if any of you guys are Sandrider fans but Good to Die Records just posted a preorder for their new album. I'm super excited for it.

http://store.goodtodierecords.com/collections/141472-vinyl/products/11665376-sandrider-kinski-split-12-lp?mc_cid=b3f2e680a8&mc_eid=5846894894

Stream a song from this album. It's a cover of Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction.

http://www.stereogum.com/1729229/sandrider-mountain-song-janes-addiction-cover-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/?mc_cid=b3f2e680a8&mc_eid=5846894894

A song from their previous album.

never got to fully thank youinreverse (Jared) for helping get that Pallbearer back patch. Also like to thank Stranaspank for grabbing a Windhand back patch for me. Decisions decisions. I guess I will wait until my Bongripper patch comes in to see which one goes on the jacket, and which ones I hang up.

lImrA4u.jpg

Weedeater playing here in Des Moines the same day Electric Wizard are playing 3 hours away in Minneapolis. Decisions decisions.....

Electric Wizard. They haven't toured the United States in over 10+ years and who knows if they will return after this tour. You have to see them.

Ive been lucky enough to see EW in the UK and Europe. 2 of the 3 times they were God aweful. Out of tune, out of time, and just sloppy, even by doom standards. 1 time they killed it. Hence my dilemma. Risk a 3 hr drive for a potential let down or stay here and see Weedeater for the 3rd time in 1 year.

Ive been lucky enough to see EW in the UK and Europe. 2 of the 3 times they were God aweful. Out of tune, out of time, and just sloppy, even by doom standards. 1 time they killed it. Hence my dilemma. Risk a 3 hr drive for a potential let down or stay here and see Weedeater for the 3rd time in 1 year.

Hrmmmmm. That does make it tougher.

3 times in one year?? Go see ew!!

I'm going to cling to this because I forgot to buy tickets for their SF show and they are sold out. F&**k scalpers. I need to get a doom fix soon, though.