Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

So last night, I pick up my buddy and drive over to the Elder show.  While looking for parking, I suddenly start to feel some bubbling in my guts.  Figuring something was imminent, and not wanting to have to use the venue bathroom, I drive over to a Kroger to use their facilities.  Things get back, and it starts as I'm walking.  I'm freaking out but trying to look calm, and it probably isn't working as I'm shuffling toward the bathroom. I finish up in there, throw out my ruined boxes, and we head to the show.  I do not explain any of this to my friend.  The show is way fun, I drink some beers, do some shots, rock out.  A friend of ours opened for Elder, and they're crashing at his house, so we head over there afterward to drink more beers and pass some joints.  So, my night started with shitting my pants and ended getting with getting stoned with Elder.  YOU'RE WELCOME, WIZARDS!

I love everything about this post.

red wizard have any other stuff available?  i can't seem to find anything else other than the 7" they just put out.

i think its the only stuff they have atm

I think it's all they have now too. Let me dig in my email for a minute and see if I can find the list Steve sent me of upcoming stuff this year...I think I remember a full length from them being listed, which hyped me up to no end.

Yup! Here it is:

This year you have "
WOunded Giant / Goya Split lp
Le Betre / King Buffalot split lp
Goya - 7" ep and new full length double lp
Doctor  Doom 7" ep and full length LP
Red wizard 7" and full length lp
Ancient Warlocks, Geezer, DrugLord Repressings

fuck yes. really diggin that 7". will definitely be picking up that Geezer too. should probably listen to Goya and Wounded Giant also so i can give STB some more of my money...haha

Pleeeeease do. They're seriously two of my favorite bands in the genre right now. I zone out so hard to Goya's album. Real head nodder.

So last night, I pick up my buddy and drive over to the Elder show.  While looking for parking, I suddenly start to feel some bubbling in my guts.  Figuring something was imminent, and not wanting to have to use the venue bathroom, I drive over to a Kroger to use their facilities.  Things get back, and it starts as I'm walking.  I'm freaking out but trying to look calm, and it probably isn't working as I'm shuffling toward the bathroom. I finish up in there, throw out my ruined boxes, and we head to the show.  I do not explain any of this to my friend.  The show is way fun, I drink some beers, do some shots, rock out.  A friend of ours opened for Elder, and they're crashing at his house, so we head over there afterward to drink more beers and pass some joints.  So, my night started with shitting my pants and ended getting with getting stoned with Elder.  YOU'RE WELCOME, WIZARDS!

I bet when they got to that part, you were the loudest singing along Doo-Doo stirring, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ? ;)

Relatedly...just picked up the last golden copy of the Warhorse LP from SLRE along with a doo-doo coloured The Art Of Self Defense.

Also, here's two Red Wizard bandcamp codes up for grabs for anyone so inclined

yclq-ukua

87ft-ugyg

Cannot stop listening to the newish Mondo Drag... any recommendations for bands of similar style?

Great album indeed.

You might definitely dig Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound. Golden Void shares some members with them. And you might also dig Blaak Heat Shujaa and White Manna although the latter don't have vocals.