Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Saw Graveyard and Clutch last night despite having surgery on my leg 2 hours earlier.  haha.  Sound was shit for Graveyard, but still enjoyed watching them.  Sadly the crowd seemed disinterested, but considering this is Iowa Im not suprised.  There is a reason good tours often skip playing here.  This was my 4th time seeing Clutch, who were awesome as always.  Heard a few new songs, the last of which was so fucking good.  Got me way stoked for the new album.  I left before Mastodon.  I've seen them plenty and never got into Once More Round The Sun.  Considering the tour is in support of that I knew they wouldn't play much of their back catalog.  My buddy who stayed said they played nothing from Remission, 1 song from Leviathan, 2 from Blood Mountain, 2 from Crack The Skye, and the rest was new jams.  Glad I left early.  Had they played Mother Puncher, Workhorse, or I Am Ahab I might have regretted leaving.

Got my Weedeater in the mail, just wish my receiver wasn't currently having issues so I could listen to it.

Saw the same show in Baltimore two nights ago, really enjoyed it.  Graveyard's sound was good but the crowd was pretty disinterested.  Mastodon went on before Clutch, and put on a surprisingly good show.  It was my third time seeing them and the first time I'd seen them interact with the crowd, Brent and Troy (and Bill to a lesser extent) were moving around the stage a lot, and Brann talked to the crowd throughout the show in addition to his usual monologue at the end.  Clutch were great as always and announced that their next record would be out in September, and played a few songs from it.  Unfortunately Mastodon didn't play Blood and Thunder with Neil like I'd hoped, but Bill did come out and play Texan Book of the Dead with Clutch.

You guys will probably have a good chance of getting it. It says only 50 to sell of two variants on the Rise Above Site. Also, the solid purple is a specific US colour.

I hate having all these options. Can't decide what variant to get. Although the clear would go well with my clear Time To Die ^_^ and will probably get the Come My Fanatics on solid gold and purple mixed eventually.

On second thoughts, after seeing the shipping estimate I'll have to pass. £39.15 total out of which £15.15 is shipping. Seriously? I'd almost rather take my chances with flippers. Rise Above is out of their minds.

Did you buy that moon coven from doooomed? Also did anyone see the email he sent out about being sick and kind of selling stuff off somewhat to fund medical expenses?

After you said that it made me to check doooomed again and spend some money I shouldn't have on that Ice Dragon record ^^

Got the last one.

Stoked about it.

For realz. Hopefully their next album will be on STB. I've been trying to play matchmaker on both ends.

Yeah!!

Also, posted a sales thread, you guys will get first dibs, etc. Also a little more likely to cut you homeboys some dealzzzzz.

Future Islands - Post Office Wave Chapel - offers please

White Stripes - Elephant (RSD 2013 one red/black split one white disc) - offers please

Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms - offers please

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (2003 Plain RP on Red) - offers please

Turbo Fruits - Broadzilla/Colt 45 (hand stamped tour sleeve/75, also signed by band) - offers please

Mastodon - Remission (2nd press, purple) - $40 ppd

The Sword - Apocryphon (tour only pic disc) - $55 ppd (I may still have the pvc cover around somewhere, but you don't want to store it in that shit anyway.)

Coheed and Cambria - IKSSE:3 (grey marble) - $50 ppd (pretty much cost + shipping on this guy.)

Floor - Oblation (clear) - $20 ppd

Green Day - Live in Italy - $25 ppd

Pelican - City of Echoes (clear w/ black splatter) - $30 ppd

I did get it from Doooomed. Didn't get that email, that sucks. :(

Hey all!

I'm not really one to share my problems with the internet, but I feel I need to offer an explanation for the delays on getting stuff shipped and the lack of new arrivals. A routine checkup with my doctor a couple of months ago turned into something much more. Without getting into too much detail, I am a fairly ill individual at the moment. I didn't feel sick at all, but it is the medication/treatments that are kicking my ass. I was hospitalized for a week a while back and when I got out the meds made me sleep much of the time. When I wasn't sleeping I was puking. The prognosis is good that I will make a full recovery but I'm gonna be a little sluggish/slow for a while. I packed up a bunch of your orders today that will ship Monday and I am working on the rest. The recent pre-order items that arrived (Monolord, Sheavy, Kings Destroy, Weedeater) will be shipped out asap.

That was the e mail from him. There was a bit more but it was just the thank you and if you e mail me ill get back to you part. (Aka what my phone wouldnt let me copy and paste for some reason)