Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Finally got through listening to my Iced Earth stuff...not happy. Two of the four albums are warped to the point they won't play...like they jump the needle back and infinitely loop. Fucking Awful. The S/T is warped too, but at least plays all the way through, though the first song has a thump that I can't imagine is good for my needle. Burnt Offerings plays through perfectly though and is only very slightly warped. Sucks that it's my least favorite of the four.

Finally got through listening to my Iced Earth stuff...not happy. Two of the four albums are warped to the point they won't play...like they jump the needle back and infinitely loop. Fucking Awful. The S/T is warped too, but at least plays all the way through, though the first song has a thump that I can't imagine is good for my needle. Burnt Offerings plays through perfectly though and is only very slightly warped. Sucks that it's my least favorite of the four.

that sucks man. sorry to hear that.

you probably tried this but make sure the center label of the record is pushed all the way to the platter.  i had a record that would skip very similar to yours and i ended up pushing the record down with a little umph and the record played flawlessly.  should probably try that on my goatwhore and acid bath because those are real bad. 

that sucks man. sorry to hear that.

you probably tried this but make sure the center label of the record is pushed all the way to the platter. i had a record that would skip very similar to yours and i ended up pushing the record down with a little umph and the record played flawlessly. should probably try that on my goatwhore and acid bath because those are real bad.

Yeah, I really jammed it down on there

Spelljammer up for preorder.

Test Press limited to 30 (1 per person) – Alternate Deluxe packaging $65

200 Clear $20 comes with a free spelljammer patch

300 Opaque Purple – $18

500 Black – $15

CD – $7

CD/Black Vinyl combo – $20

http://ridingeasyrecords.com/product/spelljammer-ancient-days/

Test Press limited to 30 (1 per person) – Alternate Deluxe packaging $65

300 Opaque Purple – $18

500 Black – $15

CD – $7

Maaaaaaan. I want that, but I still can't bring myself to buy from RE :/

300 Opaque Purple – $18

500 Black – $15

CD – $7

I'm just going to wait and see what they have in October when it actually arrives. 

300 Opaque Purple – $18

500 Black – $15

CD – $7

Just checked the purple...and the price is $20 when you select, not $18.   There is always something buggy at RE.  Great roster but...

Song rips but I gotta agree with lexicon, I might just start waiting to order from RE once it actually drops. Also I wish you could bundle a cd with something other then black especially since they dont include a download.

Pretty excited as I got my clear Lore from Stickman already... can't wait to spin it later tonight.  Nice and flat copy as well, was a bit worried as it seemed dishing was an issue with the first run.