Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Gonna be all over the Geezer release. That screened burlap bag thing looks badass.

Got my tri color of Mind Control from Rise Above yesterday. So stoked!

Man, I was on the acid coven forums two days after the tricolor was released. Sucks. I have tri colored bloodlust, and wanted that so bad. Looks amazing.

Gonna be all over the Geezer release. That screened burlap bag thing looks badass.

Got my tri color of Mind Control from Rise Above yesterday. So stoked!

I wasn't super digging Geezer, which is good...because I really shouldn't spend any money on it with the 3 Electric Wizard releases in the next couple months and other stuff I want to blow money on.

insounds 70% off sale has some decent stonery stuff in it.  

Saviours accelerated living is like 6 bucks.  Ancestors "of sound mind" is super cheap and really good.  Priestess "prior to the fire" is not bad and also 6 bucks.

probably a few more i am forgetting/ are not familiar with that are in that realm

Geezer goes up at noon today. I want the die hard because the burlap bag is rad, but that orange and red is beautiful. COLLECTOR NERD PROBLEMS.

On a weekend vacation and forgot a lighter (brought my STB dugout, lulz). I attempted to see if using a dip method (putting in between lips and gums) would work. No dice.

Low on funds, didn't pick it up this weekend.

lexicon you're not alone, spiral shades is good shit. I haven't picked it up either. I haven't bought shit in a while. Saving up money for 2 concerts in the same week. Palms and Interpool and I don't even like IP but going with a friend so he wouldn't go alone.

after that I'll get back to buying some albums.

Anyone going to Day of the Shred in Santa Ana, Ca? Frickin' incredible line up. I wish I could drive down, but it would be too much. Luckily, I get to see All Them Witches up in the Bay Area. I should probably check to see if any of those other bands are playing up here since they will be kinda close.

Finally got my first Windhand record, Soma, and would like to see them live.

I know Joto is stoked about that Windhand/Salem's Pot split anyone else really looking forward to it?

Anyone going to Day of the Shred in Santa Ana, Ca? Frickin' incredible line up. I wish I could drive down, but it would be too much. Luckily, I get to see All Them Witches up in the Bay Area. I should probably check to see if any of those other bands are playing up here since they will be kinda close.

Finally got my first Windhand record, Soma, and would like to see them live.

I wish I could go!

I know Joto is stoked about that Windhand/Salem's Pot split anyone else really looking forward to it?

I wish I could go!

This is going to be tits! My bday was yesterday, gifted myself Soma on the purple/white merge. It is goregous, kind of looks like you mushed some purple and white Play Doh together. It was just sitting there in my local shop's tiny ass metal section. It was that or Electric Wizard self titled for 40 bucks. I wanted that EW a little more, because I already have my favorite Windhand album (s/t) but I had just dropped 60 on dinner, and could not fathom dropping another 40 on a record. I did get that not so standard edition of Geezer's "Gage" from STB. What won me over was listening to them on a good set of head phones. I also ordered the reissue of Swan's "Filth" it was signed, included a poster all for 18 before shipping.... and I did not tell my wife haha. It has been a great week for music this week, or at least in my mail, but I have spent WAY too much money.

Pictures from my tablet don't really do it justice, but gives a good idea anyway.

YFtywuk.jpg

Trade in a heartbeat for this though

gCxd9GN.jpg

This is going to be tits! My bday was yesterday, gifted myself Soma on the purple/white merge. It is goregous, kind of looks like you mushed some purple and white Play Doh together. It was just sitting there in my local shop's tiny ass metal section. It was that or Electric Wizard self titled for 40 bucks. I wanted that EW a little more, because I already have my favorite Windhand album (s/t) but I had just dropped 60 on dinner, and could not fathom dropping another 40 on a record. I did get that not so standard edition of Geezer's "Gage" from STB. What won me over was listening to them on a good set of head phones. I also ordered the reissue of Swan's "Filth" it was signed, included a poster all for 18 before shipping.... and I did not tell my wife haha. It has been a great week for music this week, or at least in my mail, but I have spent WAY too much money.

Pictures from my tablet don't really do it justice, but gives a good idea anyway.

YFtywuk.jpg

Trade in a heartbeat for this though

gCxd9GN.jpg

That purple white looks pretty sick. The one underneath is the version I just got from Relapse.

Sweet! You should take some pictures. I would love to see a non stock photo of this! Fuuuurthermore, if you ever want to trade ;-)

I think the one he got is actually still available over there. Was a week ago and I almost bought it at least.

I think the one he got is actually still available over there. Was a week ago and I almost bought it at least.

Yeah, definitely still available at Relapse. Love the color. One side of each record looks pretty much exactly like the photo.

Yeah but I already bought the purple and white, basically out of shock that my hole in the wall shop actually had a copy.

Anyone happen to have the bongzilla herb grinder that they're willing to get rid of?

Or do any other bands make grinders? I know of RBG and uncle acid. Who else?

Weedeater just made one.

All I'm looking for at this point is a 2 piece grinder. I've got a really good 4 piece, just looking for something to get a finer grind for my PAX

Yeah my four piece doesnt grind fine enough for my pax.