Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

In reference to the pink swirl / purple Monolord debacle... I have seen 4 copies that are all like this, including mine.

The weird this is... I bought one at my local store too and it is green on one lp and purple on the other. Is that intentional too?

I got my pink copy in the mail last week and the C/D record is purple. I guess it is intentional. Hopefully someone with a different color variant can chime in.

Ok, this seems like the thread to post this in. This has been bothering the hell out of me. On Brimstone Coven's S/T there is a song called "Hades Hymn." All the track is is an organ playing a melody, but I swear that melody sounds like another song, but I cannot figure it out. If anyone can take a listen and try to figure it out, I'd be appreciative.

What else did those dudes spin off into? and is that light bearer album called silver tongue by chance? if so its free on bandcamp and will be downloading.

Light Bearer has Silver Toungue and Lapsus that are LPs and a split with Northless I think and a 12" EP as well.

The other post Fall Of Efrafa band is Momentum and they have 2 albums

Here is another

AMENRA - Razoreater: http://youtu.be/d70aV3iMrTk

they are from Belgium

These guys are so fucking good.  I couldn't believe it when I heard they were playing a dive bar here in Wichita a few years back.  Barely anyone showed, I think maybe twenty people.  Only myself and a couple other folks came to see Amenra.  Some old drunk biker kept telling them to play AC/DC songs and talked shit between sludgy goodness, until the vocalist spit in his face and went back to that same sludgy goodness.  

Not sure if it was already posted but another new Electric Wizard track

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17051-electric-wizard-sadiowitch/

nice :)

(the drums seem...off to me in this song though.)

nvm. my headphones were like...half in the jack on my work computer.