Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I missed seeing Windhand/All Them Witches/King Buffalo on Sunday because I was putting together Ikea furniture. Fail.

Used Black Mass to discover I can crank my stereo real damn loud without being able to hear it outside the house. Win.

Instead of buying a lawnmower I bought Beezlebuzz, Sea of Bones, and Inter Arma. Win?

What does everyone reckon to this Electric Wizard beef then? With Mark Greening. Personally I think Wizard have been going downhill for a good few albums, and I'm totally not bothered about the new songs at all. I just bought some Ramesses records from a friend and I reckon they are way more interesting than the new Wizard stuff.

What does everyone reckon to this Electric Wizard beef then? With Mark Greening. Personally I think Wizard have been going downhill for a good few albums, and I'm totally not bothered about the new songs at all. I just bought some Ramesses records from a friend and I reckon they are way more interesting than the new Wizard stuff.

I am not sure what any of that means. What is going on with them?

I am not sure what any of that means. What is going on with them?

They had Mark Greening, the original drummer, back for this newest album that's coming out, but now he's been fired. I saw their last (only?) gig with him recently in Bristol, UK and it was sloppy as fuck. Apparently they were all wasted (surprise surprise), but the drumming in particular was shitty. So he's fired now, and there's this kind of Wizard VS Greening thing on Facebook (as well as the usual Wizard VS Rise Above records stuff too).

Having listened to the new tracks released, I can totally hear the sloppiness of the drums. I guess some people would just say that it's a loose groove, but for a band that relies on deep groove/riffs it totally breaks the spell for me. I would way prefer a repress of Let Us Prey and We Live rather than a new album, but oh well.

Incidentally, there are only about five copies of the new Moss 10" on their bandcamp. One of my best friends did the artwork, so I'm pushing it for that too, haha.

They had Mark Greening, the original drummer, back for this newest album that's coming out, but now he's been fired. I saw their last (only?) gig with him recently in Bristol, UK and it was sloppy as fuck. Apparently they were all wasted (surprise surprise), but the drumming in particular was shitty. So he's fired now, and there's this kind of Wizard VS Greening thing on Facebook (as well as the usual Wizard VS Rise Above records stuff too).

Having listened to the new tracks released, I can totally hear the sloppiness of the drums. I guess some people would just say that it's a loose groove, but for a band that relies on deep groove/riffs it totally breaks the spell for me. I would way prefer a repress of Let Us Prey and We Live rather than a new album, but oh well.

Incidentally, there are only about five copies of the new Moss 10" on their bandcamp. One of my best friends did the artwork, so I'm pushing it for that too, haha.

Good thing those re-presses are happening/actually starting to get close to coming out, then, yeah?

I'm stoked to pick up both of those and the new album. (Especially considering the new one was only $25. Thanks amazon!)

http://oceanchief.bandcamp.com

Apparently they have been around forever. Never heard them till now. Gonna try and track down some LPs.

Ocean Chief is a killer band. I pretty much own everything in their discography. Definitely worth picking up whatever you find. I could always send you some uploads of their stuff if you want.

Page 2 is as far as this thread needs to go back.

http://borracho.bandcamp.com/album/oculus

This album is cool. Spotify is going to teach me new things today. Gonna go down the stoner rabbit hole at work.

Nice find. I have a few albums of theirs I bought awhile back, but they got lost in the shuffle. Will try to remember to listen to them later tonight.

I listened to this three times today. Not stoner, or doom metal, but it does have guys from Earth and SunO))) in it. Funky, Jazzy, Experimental. Good stuff! Also, only 9 bucks at Southern Lord right now.

http://fontanellesl.bandcamp.com/album/vitamin-f

Also, anyone else stoked for the Geezer release? So good.