Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Honestly surprised they're still available.

That said, while I think the tracks they did on the Windhand split are alright, I'm not crazy about Cough. They're pretty good, I'm just not rushing out to snag this album.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't hang around that long. They've gone and re-pressed their previous LP now as well, just as expected. /300 bone/white merge so it's possible to grab that along with the new LP.

https://store.relapse.com/item/39397

I haven't been too crazy about Cough either but I still remember when I first listened to Ritual Abuse back when I got into Windhand and thought it the most evil thing ever. It's difficult to not be blown away by the bleakness of their vision.

Also, second Beastwars track released of their newest. Still bummed I missed out on the coloured variant but hey, it was only available as a bundled with a t-shirt and I really don't need another band logo on my chest.

https://soundcloud.com/sheltered-life-pr/beastwars-devils-of-last-night

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't hang around that long. They've gone and re-pressed their previous LP now as well, just as expected. /300 bone/white merge so it's possible to grab that along with the new LP.

https://store.relapse.com/item/39397

I haven't been too crazy about Cough either but I still remember when I first listened to Ritual Abuse back when I got into Windhand and thought it the most evil thing ever. It's difficult to not be blown away by the bleakness of their vision.

I know the last few posts were not raving about Cough.  But, big thanks for mentioning the Cough Ritual Abuse repress coming.

I know the last few posts were not raving about Cough.  But, big thanks for mentioning the Cough Ritual Abuse repress coming.

No probs. Merely trying to spread the hate.

Am also very stoked about Ritual Abuse being repressed. Jamming it as I type and need to get on that myself. Right when I am able to set aside 100 bucks to get both that and the new one at the same time. Relapse shipping is most expensive.

I'm not sure how he manages to do it, but the dude running Riding Easy Records irritates me more & more with each consecutive release. Why would anyone want 5 different variants of the same record all on clear vinyl? I don't see why anyone would want 5 different versions just because the color is different let alone 5 different versions with the only difference being awkward photos of each band member. And more importantly, who wants the version with the band member who is an obvious mouth breather? I'm sure the "mouth-breather clear" variant isn't selling out any time soon. They look like a bunch of dudes who got denied roles in Eyes Wide Shut or like they raided grandma's whacky trunk full of shit she shoulda sold at a garage sale in the 50s. It's just so gimmicky & lame IMO.

I'm not sure how he manages to do it, but the dude running Riding Easy Records irritates me more & more which each consecutive release. Why would anyone want 5 different variants of the same record all on clear vinyl? I don't see why anyone would want 5 different versions just because the color is different let alone 5 different versions with the only difference being awkward photos of each band member. And more importantly, who wants the version with the band member who is an obvious mouth breather? I'm sure the "mouth-breather clear" variant isn't selling out any time soon. They look like a bunch of dudes who got denied roles in Eyes Wide Shut or like they raided grandma's whacky trunk full of shit she shoulda sold at a garage sale in the 50s. It's just so gimmicky & lame IMO.

Nailed it.

Also, saw Melt Banana, Melvins and Napalm Death tonight.

Awesome.

I'm not sure how he manages to do it, but the dude running Riding Easy Records irritates me more & more with each consecutive release. Why would anyone want 5 different variants of the same record all on clear vinyl? I don't see why anyone would want 5 different versions just because the color is different let alone 5 different versions with the only difference being awkward photos of each band member. And more importantly, who wants the version with the band member who is an obvious mouth breather? I'm sure the "mouth-breather clear" variant isn't selling out any time soon. They look like a bunch of dudes who got denied roles in Eyes Wide Shut or like they raided grandma's whacky trunk full of shit she shoulda sold at a garage sale in the 50s. It's just so gimmicky & lame IMO.

Agreed for sure.

Nailed it.

Also, saw Melt Banana, Melvins and Napalm Death tonight.

Awesome.

That tour really confused me yet also intrigued me. Having seen melt banana once i think thats enough in my life.

Was it jared and coady melvins or some other line up?

Also i agree about RE. though someone did spend 200 dollars on the version that gets all 5. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

That tour really confused me yet also intrigued me. Having seen melt banana once i think thats enough in my life.

Was it jared and coady melvins or some other line up?

I thought it was a great lineup. Three bands that are completely different and yet somehow work perfectly together for an evening.

Melvins were playing as a three piece with the great Steve MacDonald on base with Buzz and Dale.